Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Does anyone (I`m a male) in this forum have this problem? The brain fog and this muscle issue have been a problem for me for the past 6 years. It started when I was in middle school after I had a heavy bout with a flu. It has gotten worse but stagnant now as I am in my 20s. Wether it is singing, talking, brushing my teeth, walking, it seems like every muscle in my body gets exhausted very easily. I am wholeheartedly depressed about this continuous problem; I hope anyone can relate with me. I can`t do anything that I like, especially sports. The strange thing is I can do resistance weight training, but I can not do as much as I used to (4 reps instead of 12) as my muscles give out easily. I wonder if this is some sort of depressive somatization of the nervous system. I am not tired, it is the muscle burning that gives the idea of fatigue. Could this be FBS too? Any help would be appreciated.

I feel you 100%. Male as well 36. I have exact same problem. It's frustrating as hell as being a family man I can't even lift my kid without paying the price. I've noticed the trick for me is conserve energy and choose wisely the task I wish to burn it on as there will be pain to follow. Granted that's just day to day activities. I would not ever be able to consider sports.

When/what was your exact diagnosis? When did you notice these muscle symptoms and are they worse now or just stagnant as I described. Were there any other diet things you tried to help with this problem? I am very sorry to hear you struggle as well. I sympathize. It totally sucks, especially when everyone thinks you are okay on the exterior. ``Oh you are young, just work out more and you will be less tired`` ``take some vitamins`` ``you look fine! don`t lie``

Fibro was my diagnosis. I got diagnosed 1 week ago however it started in Feb. It's constant for me. If I don't do anything my arms are OK. But the minute I do anything it becomes exhausted and burns. Plus muscle spasm. Technically I'd say it's stagnant as I can't imagine worse. However I'm sure eventually I will be proven wrong about how much worse it can get. Diet can't talk about as have not tried diet stuff yet

Diagnosed with Fibro at least 26 years ago. Always kept active. Raised 3 kids. Entered post secondary education for Paramedicine. My job of course was both stressful and heavy, ie, equipment , the stretcher and patients. Throughout the years I kept in shape as it essential for my job so I always had a gym membership. I participate in weight training, running, HIIT, TRX. Not too long ago I complained to my Dr. that my performance level was down. Now diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue along with FM. Now what do I do. I just seem to plateau with early exhaustion. I look forward to hear how others are tackling this problem.

Fibromyalgia does give you all the symptoms you are suffering from.fibro can and will throw you off rail .sometimes a flare such as you seem to be in ,can last for a few weeks a few months ,but also it can just disappear in a flash.fibro can and will move around your body.you might like me feel your muscles hurt everywhere .then after a few months it went.i now suffer more stiffness then muscles ache.and rarely feel fatigued.
Your very new to all this.and you will take a lot,of time to adjust.what meds are you on ?.

Fibromyalgia does give you all the symptoms you are suffering from.fibro can and will throw you off rail .sometimes a flare such as you seem to be in ,can last for a few weeks a few months ,but also it can just disappear in a flash.fibro can and will move around your body.you might like me feel your muscles hurt everywhere .then after a few months it went.i now suffer more stiffness then muscles ache.and rarely feel fatigued.
Your very new to all this.and you will take a lot,of time to adjust.what meds are you on ?.

I`m not on any meds right now. I prefer not too. I want to be more consistent with meditation and possibly try dead sea salt to see if that helps. It is the brain fog and the muscle exhaustion with repetitive task that hinders my daily life to a mild to moderate extent. My confidence and self esteem is very low. Sigh. lol. I really do appreciate everyone`s response. It makes me feel a bit better.

Diagnosed with Fibro at least 26 years ago. Always kept active. Raised 3 kids. Entered post secondary education for Paramedicine. My job of course was both stressful and heavy, ie, equipment , the stretcher and patients. Throughout the years I kept in shape as it essential for my job so I always had a gym membership. I participate in weight training, running, HIIT, TRX. Not too long ago I complained to my Dr. that my performance level was down. Now diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue along with FM. Now what do I do. I just seem to plateau with early exhaustion. I look forward to hear how others are tackling this problem.

That is very impressive that you`re able to handle that lifestyle. I hope to do at least some of that in the near future. Were you able to build a muscular physiqe despite having fibromyalgia?

@Muscleburn...yes, I managed to build muscle mass and toneness. However, this last year is much different. Now diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue in addition to FM, working out is very difficult. I am tired and much weaker. I am also being investigated for lung issues because of shortness of breath with exertion and sometimes for no apparent reason. I do have a history of chronic respiratory infections. There are crackles in my lungs as well. My goal is to get back to the gym as it did help and my self esteem was much better then. We just can't give up, can we?!?! :)

Last edited:
Hey I'm a 48 yr old guy. Got diagnosed a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I've had it all of my life. On a lot of different medications to try to help control the symptoms. They help but don't control it. Always had shortness of breath. Leg weakness with pain. I suggest having your doctor try a steroid inhaler on you. Last few years I've gotten asthma whenever exerting myself. The advair enhailer helps me a lot with my lungs. I see a pain management clinic. Adderall helps with the fatigue. pain meds help with the pain and stiffness. I still work although most of the time it is a struggle. at some point I will probably have to file for disability. Good luck.

I know exactly how you feel. Even walking across the room, getting dressed, or any tiny task Will absolutely exhaust me to the point that I have to sit down for a while before I do anything else. I've been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease as well as fibro and waiting for an appointment to find out which auto immune disorder recent blood tests show evidence of, so I'm not sure which causes what symptoms. I have some days that I can do a little more than others, but the wick fatigue is always there to some extent. I know it has to be hard on you being so young, I'm 34 and it drives me insane because I used to be so active. I haven't found anything to hello it did far other than knowing and staying within my limits. Hopefully you can find something to help increase your activities soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back