DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
EU
State
Earth
Hi,

I was wondering whether most of you have had a brain MRI done during the process of your fibromyalgia diagnosis? To rule others options out?

I never have one done of my brain, and now that I have serious tingling/numbness in my feet, I think I want a scan done just to rule anything else out. First time I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I was complaining of neck pain, they blamed that on fibro. But upon insisting, an MRI scan was done and it turned out that I had herniated discs in my neck. For which I needed urgent surgery due to loss of sensation to my arm.....

Thanks,

Hi vickythecat. I've only had an MRI of my knees because the movement in them is so limited & during a flare I can barely walk. I haven't got the results yet but am certain nothing will show on the scan that it's just the fibro. I think given your history, it's perfectly acceptable to request an MRI. Doctors don't always get it right...

Bi Lou!
Quic k question. Do you have swelling in your knees along with pain?

Hard to say, I've had puffy knees and ankles for years �� I did have some swelling when I saw the physiotherapist & he sent me for x-rays but they didn't show anything much.

Hi Vickythecat,

Yes I've had a Brain MRI and several neck and Lumbar MRIs. One was to rule out MS while being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

And others were for herniated discs in the neck.
A lot of people diagnosed with Fibromyalgia have had a past neck injury.

Also MRI for Plantar Fasciitis

Sagey

Yes it's good idea. It rules out Ms. It takes the guess work out.

I would definitely request an MRI to rule out other possibilities. Especially with past issues in your neck like that, it would be well worth it to make sure. I had a brain MRI during diagnosis and when I had sudden loss of use in my left leg to ensure there was no evidence of stroke, MS, or anything else. The loss of use was never explained, though it has gotten a little better, because nothing showed up on the scans.

Hi! I had yearly Mris of the head after going numb on my left side and bottom half for a while. I had gone to the er figuring it was nothing because I was young but it was stroke-like. The saw a "spot" on a Ct of my head and then sent me for an MRI, that showed slight demyelination. The neuro said I may have ms, but then the only other thing that showed was migraine. I still wonder sometimes if I have ms, because I have a bad tremor, etc, but it doesn't worry me as much now. I also have had lower back done with one saying l5 fracture, another saying transitional s1, and some nothing. I guess they aren't as cut and dry as I thought. I have a lump in my neck that some say is bulging discs and some say is muscle knot. I just went to pt this week and he really helped my lower back, but my neck has been messed up all week after he "stretched" it. It seems it is hard to tell. I was in a car accident before shoulder belts in the back seat and hit my head really hard before all this started. It's really hard to figure out sometimes, but I think it's worth answers if it isn't a hardship.

Hi,

I was wondering whether most of you have had a brain MRI done during the process of your fibromyalgia diagnosis? To rule others options out?

I never have one done of my brain, and now that I have serious tingling/numbness in my feet, I think I want a scan done just to rule anything else out. First time I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I was complaining of neck pain, they blamed that on fibro. But upon insisting, an MRI scan was done and it turned out that I had herniated discs in my neck. For which I needed urgent surgery due to loss of sensation to my arm.....

Thanks,
Yes...I had an MRI to rule out MS before being diagnosed with fibro...

I asked my dr about ms,and he said most ppl present very different,then us with fibromyalgia.so I never had one done.

aw man. that looks hard on you. i hope you get better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back