Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia three and four years ago I am now taking gabapentin and tramadol along with Cymbalta can anyone tell me how many milligrams they are taking and if they are getting relief from the pain

Re: Need answers to a few questions

I take 1200 mg of gabapentin 3 times a day, I also take 300mg of tramadol a day. Nothing really helps the pain it is always there, but recently I tried to get off the tramadol, under doctor supervision and the pain was unbearable, so I guess it does give me some relief, it changes my pain from unbearable to bearable. I think, for now anyway, that is the best we can hope for, at least until they find a cure. hopes this helps.

Re: Need answers to a few questions

Not a recommendation by any means, but I'm curious, has anyone tried any of the natural medicinal marijuana remedies that became legalized in some of the states? Not sure Wisconsin or Arizona are a month the five or more states in the US that have legalized it.

I take 1500 mg of gabapentin daily along with Excedrin migraine w/ aspirin. It seems to help to give me some relief from the pain for most of the morning hours but tends to wane as the day goes by. I have used this same medication for about 10 years and if done regularly it helps a lot.

Hi Jeff. Like you, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia too. Tested positive for RA about a year and a half ago. The Fibromyalgia is a recent diagnosis - a week ago - but I think I've had it all along. My Rheumatologist has prescribed Tramadol and Duloxetine. So now I'm taking those daily as well as Celebrix, Plaquenil, Pantoprazole, Folic Acid, Leflunomide, 3000 units of D3 and a Methotrexate injection once a week. I feel like a walking drug store. All these meds...and I'm still in pain every second of every day. On one hand, I worry about putting all this stuff in my system. On the other, I'm terrified of how bad the pain would be without them.

Editing to add: Before going to bed, I take 2 Tramadol and 10 mg of Melatonin (natural sleep aid found in the vitamin section). Those two things seems to help me quite a lot as far as getting a fairly decent night's sleep.

I've had fibro for over 20 years. I'm on 120 mg of Cymbalta and it has been the best drug to help me. Also, flexeril (muscle relaxer) helps tremendously. I am prescribed tramadol which doesnt seem to help me much.

I'm on 600 gabbipintin,and tramadol,and amitripolyin.i am trying to keep the lowest dose of all these meds,as I no when I get a flare or when things get worse ,I can take more.

Wow you and I seem to have the same medication I do know what you say about taking all them and what you would feel like if you did not do it I have worries all the time also. I have maxed out on gabapentin I'm taking now 3600mg a day and 400mg of tramadol along with all the rest of the meds wouldn't life be just great if you could just hand over your medical condition to someone that don't think you could be in the pain you are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back