View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:58 PM #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

Sagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura about
Registered Member
City: Patchogue
State: NY
Diagnosed: 06/2011
Interest: Other
Sagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura aboutSagey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: new doctor, how to make the best of the appoinment

Hey Vickythecat,

I'm glad you went to the doctor.And although he wasn't able to help you with every issue, at least you got there and got the ball rolling.Its hard for us with long histories to tell the doctor all we have been thru.
Writing down your history was great idea! And although he was not able to cover everything . If he can handle your main complaint first and then deal with others at subsequent visits then that would be good.
Sometimes they like to deal with a couple of problems at a time so they can see the outcome and if there are any side effects to meds or anything they prescribe.

Maybe before next time you can make a history time line of your illnesses, this way he can have it to look over.He can keep it in the chart to look back on , when he needs to.

I experience the same thing when I see a new doctor. I go blank when he asks " what brought u in here today?" Lol. I think we all want them to understand how we got to this point.I guess being short and to the point, is the answer.Write down the rest for them.

Hope he helps u

Sagey
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sagey For This Useful Post:
diamond (05-04-2017), vickythecat (05-04-2017)