Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I am starting to be open with people about fibromyalgia. My last eye appointment When being asked about why I had high blood pressure, I told her "I have fibromyalgia, I wont bug you with details, not many people understand. Her reaction took me by surprise. She said "my Mum has fibromyalgia! The Dr.s tell her to exersize, buits hard for her when she has Cronic fatigue. I wanted to pick her brain a bit, but there wasnt enough time. Im bringing this up because......for the first time, I had no shame in sharing about Fibro. It was validateing to me, not like I WANT to hear someone else suffers, Just think more people need educated about fibro.
This may seem like Im all over the place, welcome to my fibro brain. ;)

I can completely understand how relieved you felt, and are still feeling. It gives us all hope. 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor after 3 years and when I mentioned 'fibromyalgia', the neurologist just rolled his eyes. What a lovely reaction right? So the more people get diagnosed, truly get diagnosed and doctors see how much we are suffering, they might start to take us seriously.

I have always said it when I was in the mental ward, trying to explain to the doctors/therapists my inner demons, and they just looked at me and just told me things that did not help me at all. How can anyone, any doctor/nurse/therapist, truly help us when they have no idea what the patient is really going through? This goes for all illnesses. Only when they see it up close with a loved one or when they experience it themselves, do they see the true side of being a patient.

It's seems like lots of people starting to lean more about fibromyalgia in US do to drugs commercials. I'm very thankful by it even though I'm decided not to be on medication at the moment. I used to feels like talking about fibro to any doctor was like talking about STD in the Sunday school. Too many face making too many judgmental def ears. But lately seems to have more possitive understanding more and more increasing number of doctors. My thought is that once there are more effective drugs coming in, then there'll be more doctors waiting to crack on the cases. Cause the more prescriptions for them to write the more they'll love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back