Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2017
Country
US
State
TX
I try so hard to be optimistic and take things one day at a time. But I'm feeling down today because, once again, I am exhausted, brain foggy and in a lot of pain. It takes all of my energy to get through the work week and I have little to nothing left on the weekend. So, my house is an embarrassment--I would NEVER allow anyone to come inside it's such a mess and not at all clean.

I need to get my house clean, get it organized and get some repairs done. I really want my home to be a place of comfort. But how can I do this when I have no physical resources left on the weekends? I'm counting down the days until I'm 62 with the plan to possibly retire then. That means 14 more months but I can't live like this anymore. Don't worry, not suicidal. Just can't stand living in a dirty, disorganized home.

so sorry corgisrule...i sympathize..i feel bad too i have been bed or housebound for most of the last 2 years...i am lucky if i have the strength or low enough pain to get up and do the basics...but as i am not able to work if i get a better hour i can keep my house work done....plus i live alone so dont have clutter and once something is clean it doesnt get dirty very quickly.

I cook easy meals with pre prepared veg and 1 pan and 1 oven tray i cover in foil so less dishes to wash.

I have a light rechargeable sweeper when i cant use the hoover and a long handled swivel mop you attach disposable wipes to.

Could you afford help to get the house tidy and clean or rope family in for one big clean up...then keep it up together slowly but regularly? Just a thought. Take care.

I hope you get through the 14 months until you have more time and energy for yourself. hugs

Thank you Diamond. My pain is a bit less this morning so hopefully I can get a little done today. Unfortunately, I don't have any family nearby so it's just me. If I can at least get the piles of papers and such picked up, then I could get someone in to do a good cleaning. That's been my problem is that I just pile stuff up when I'm too tired to do anything with it. So, it feels even more overwhelming to me. I've even been considering selling my house and getting one of those tiny houses that are less than 300 square feet so that I could handle it.

I've been applying to some online jobs recently with the hope that I might be able to do that after I retire--that would bring in some extra money to supplement Social Security and such. I agree with what you said about having the flexibility to rest when you need to and then do a little housework when you can. That's my hope as well.

Thanks so much for your support, Diamond. It means a lot to me!

a tiny house is VERY small..maybe give yourself a chance to catch up..it seems like over a long period you havent had energy to keep on top of things.
So now the task is huge and totally overwhelming...maybe start with just one room and aim to gradually throw away as much as you can of all the papers and things you dont need..then slowly clean as and when you can....then you have one room you can relax and feel calm in ..one thats a tidy clean space.

Then start another room....but don't put a time pressure on yourself....slowly slowly wins the race...good luck...if it motivates you ..why not set a little goal and let us know on this thread when you've achieved it....even if its just 'i threw out a pile of papers and dusted a table today'...or i cleaned the kitchen sink until it was gleaming' ...we can cheer you on for even the smallest achievement! x

I think you're right, Diamond. I'm going to start with just one room and work on going through my piles of papers and such. I'll start with the living/dining room because that's where I spend most of my time.

My goal is to get things cleaned up so I can get a new sofa as this one is a mess from my dogs. I'll let everyone know about my progress!

That's the spirit!! I look forward to hearing your progress..wishing you lower pain days too...and don't over do it...just do within your capabilities :)

Just think in 14 months you could be retired and also have your home clean and tidy...maybe a new sofa...and perhaps enough money or energy to do more sprucing.....14 months actually goes quite quickly and your fibro might be way better without working. I hope so :)

Last edited:
Thanks Diamond! I'm taking it easy today and hoping I feel a bit better tomorrow so I can go to work.

I agree--I think my quality of life would be so much better if I didn't have to work full-time so I could get more rest, have less stress and flexibility in getting things done around the house. :)

I totally feel your pain, and I am so sorry but that you have to deal with horrible illness!
Diagnosed in 2011 here! It is awful the things we can not do anymore! Having to say no to things we want to do, because we need to save our energy for something later! Hate it!
I have lost 2 job to this illness. Currently fighting for disability. Although there is no cure for fibro! I have found a lifesaver called Plexus! These plant based supplements have given me back some of my life! No joke! I have more energy, don't need as many naps as I used to need! I can now on my really good days walk up and down the stairs easily, couldn't do that 5 months ago!
I have been through so much therapy and so many meds that didn't help!

Because of plexus I have been able to get of Cymbalta (which honestly was making me feel worse!)

My pain has decreased so much, and my brain fog has cleared up tremendously. Oh and my ibs cleared up! Love it so much!

I am in no way trying to sell anyone anything, just stating what works for me

Thanks Meredithanne! Which of the Plexus products do you use? It looks like they make a variety of them?

Hey Corgisrule! The Plexus product I currently take are the Plexus Triplex, which consists of Plexus Slim, BioCleanse and Probio5! The Slim (powered drink mixed with water) help regulate your blood sugars, blood pressure, cholesterol and lipids! The probio5 helps break down the toxins and BioCleanse helps gently flush out the toxins! These products help heal your gut, which is very important in controlling any health issue!

Thanks for the tip Meredithanne!

Well, I went to work yesterday but it was a tough day and my mind was not working well at all. By the end of the day, I was totally exhausted and couldn't get up to go to work today. Honestly, I don't know if I can work 14 more months...

Thanks for the tip Meredithanne!

Well, I went to work yesterday but it was a tough day and my mind was not working well at all. By the end of the day, I was totally exhausted and couldn't get up to go to work today. Honestly, I don't know if I can work 14 more months...

It Is sometimes very hard to continue working! As hard as it was I has to listen to my body, and stay home, mainly because I couldn't move my legs! My paralysis episodes were happening too much and lasting too long! I unfortunately couldn't go back to work to get more Fmla time, and I lost yet another job to this illness!
I pray that you will be able to get the strength and continue to work! Not being able to work outside of the home isn't much fun, I miss the people the most!
If you can. You have to learn to pace yourself better at work, take more short breaks, there comes a time where you have to do what's best for you!

Yes it is--I ended up staying home again today. But I have to go in tomorrow and am feeling better than I was a couple of days ago. I'm going to meet with the HR person who deals with retirement and medical retirement to see if there are any options for me.

I'm so sorry you had such serious symptoms Meredithanne. That sounds very overwhelming and scary. It's good that you're taking care of yourself now.

Yes it is--I ended up staying home again today. But I have to go in tomorrow and am feeling better than I was a couple of days ago. I'm going to meet with the HR person who deals with retirement and medical retirement to see if there are any options for me.

I'm so sorry you had such serious symptoms Meredithanne. That sounds very overwhelming and scary. It's good that you're taking care of yourself now.

Glad you are feeling better! Good luck with your meeting with HR, hope they can help you figure something out!

Well, I had a stereotactic breast biopsy on Thursday afternoon and what an awful experience that was. It's incredibly difficult and painful for someone whose back and neck are fused and have hardware to lie on their stomach on a hard table for more than an hour. I'm exhausted, in pain all over plus bruised where they did the biopsy. I just hope I don't have cancer. I've had a couple of very bad weeks indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back