Blog about being young with fibromyalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Metra,
I am young and have fibromyalgia. Ive have it since i was i kid but recently diagnosed and now im a college student and one understands young people in pain. I don't know how many times ive been told "you are to young to be in pain" over and over for years and sometimes i want to just shout at them, but i don't because i know they mean well. It makes me a little more depressed every time i hear it. When i was a kid my mother told me all the pain was just growing pains. I knew something else was wrong, but as a kid if your parents wont take you to the doctor then it is hard to know what to do. As i was growing up my dad would call me a wimp and my other family members would often say I was faking it to get attention. It's really hard being young and in pain because half the time no one believes you.

Hi,

You are never too young to be in pain if you're dealing with something such as we are! I too was told that when I was in my late twenties and still am told now at 45! We have no control over the hands we were dealt physically and people who never experienced such may never know. Know you always have people who believe in you and can come here to whine, cry, or vent whenever you want. We're all in this together!

Soft and gentle hugs!!! :)

I do believe that fibromyalgia appear in genetic mutation . When looked all the way back to my childhood medical records , I had many unexplain symptoms that got lots of my doctor puzzled all the time I was used to it being called weird or they just wrote it off as temporary problems mishaps nothings to be worry about. Especially consistency in my body temperature such as extremely cold hands and feet during summer, irregular heart beats, odd reading in blood pressure, too much oxygen in my blood , sudden unexplained cramps which leaded to sudden twisted ankles during running or walking so often I kept ended up with brace and crushes , unexplain ill feeling by humidity , I had early experienced with sleep paralysis, mild vivid dreams,and many more of small minor signs that leading up to fibro problem. If i had any idea what fibromyalgia was then and met a doctor that could have point it to I might had already been diagnosed with fibromyalgia long before now. So yeah I don't doubt any fibromyalgia in young people ever. As far as support goes, I believe parents need to be involve more in to the situation especially help planing future ahead for the best future quality of life. Cause everyday I wish that I've know it sooner, then I would have chosen a better option on the education and skill to match what I have facing now. Cause when adult get fibro we can't rerouted our life from the beginning that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back