View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 04:23 PM #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

vickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to all
Registered Member
City: fibrocity
State: Earth
Diagnosed: 01/2013
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
vickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to allvickythecat is a name known to all
Default Re: it's too much, just too much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweed View Post
Just wondering you mentioned the cat & kittens were strays that you took in and began to care for shortly before you became sick and then later your mom became ill as well. Is it possible these cats had some sort of infection or illness that you and your mom contracted through caring for them. You might want your vet to check them out or their bodies as some infections that animals get are transformable to humans.
I have had doctor's scare me with thoughts of something terrible only to get a second opinion and find out it was nothing. Most doctors do not do this and the ones that do are usually out to make money by scaring you into asking for more tests or else they don't mind scaring patients when a few words of comfort might better serve. Hope your feeling better vickythecat.
Thanks for your post, I completely understand it as well.

I've been living in this country for more than a decade and have thus been taking care of stray animals from day one, and from day one, I knew I had to be careful. These stray cats and kittens do not live inside the house, but on our 1st floor open balcony, but of course they are out in the streets, can/do carry diseases etc.

In fact, when I got ill a month ago, this was the first thing that came to my mind, but dismissed it because I always, always use antiseptic stuff for scratches, wash my hands 50 times a day, use antibacterial stuff all over the stuff etc. But for my mom, who can be less of a clean-freak, I did fear it might be cat scratch disease or even rabies, and in the ER with my mom, we told all the doctors about our animal situation as well. Thankfully they were able to do all the expensive tests for free as it was an acute emergency situation (I could not have them done myself, but am fine now, so problems solved ) All tests came back negative (huge relief for us and the animals )

But of course, hygiene has to stay our top priority for us all (I have 2 indoor cats as well). As well as the monitoring of the cats. I am now in touch with a volunteer vet, who will hopefully soon come by for a general check up. It all adds to the stress, and the pain/fatigue, but it is what it is. And the love I get from these animals is worth it. I can't just let them die of hunger or sickness....there is simply no one else who cares for them. Heartless people.... (and they are all very rich as well)

never mind me, back to venting again.
But thanks again.

Thanks to all.....