Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
]Hi guys,

Has anyone with Fibro experience numb feet continuously.
Mine started 2 weeks ago very numb on the soles of my feet, but hasn’t gone away.I don’t have Diabetes,’ and this is kinda scary because it does affect the wake I walk and sense things.

I had an MRI to make sure my back hasn’t gotten worse or my neck.So I’m waiting to hear back on that, but it’s just uncomfortable.Im not in much pain but it’s stressful to feel this way.

Just wondering if any of u guys had this and what u did about it.

Thanx,

Sagey

Sometimes a pinched nerve can cause this condition, but also sometimes it just happens and then fades over time. I go through periods where I can't feel the floor under my feet. I know it's there but the feeling for it is gone. Now that I said that I think you should watch the three video post I put in hope and inspiration. The doctor is talking about changes in the brains of people with fibro and that our illness behaves a lot like MS, in terms of nerve messages not getting through to their intended target. I found the video's to be informative and worth listening too.

When I was in Florida, several of my doctors thought I had MS at first because of the come & go symptoms that were so like MS. What do you think?

I can have numbness to my left hand by my pinky finger. It randomly comes and goes though. Chatted with the Dr but didn’t get any real answers. Chalked it down to FM. I can’t disagree as I have no other symptoms and it’s been going on for years.

Thanks for the replies,

I have an appt tommorow with my podiatrist, and I also had a lumbar MRI and recent cervical which they will be checking.It’s weird because I’m feeling a little better, and then my feet go numb.

Just can’t win lol.
It’s scary though to not feel the soles of your feet.I did read about tarsal tunnel syndrome.Its kinda like carpal tunnel but in the ankle and feet .
So that is why Im seeing the podiatrist, to make sure I can rule that out.Hopefuly the neurosurgeon can look at my MRIs and see if they’re are any changes that would warrant his attention.

Just have to wait and see and hope this goes away on its own.But now I understand when Diabetics say they can’t feel they’re feet.Its just not a good thing and it can be dangerous if u accidentally step on something sharp and don’t feel it.

I’ll keep u guys updated.

Thanx,

Sagey

Sometimes a pinched nerve can cause this condition, but also sometimes it just happens and then fades over time. I go through periods where I can't feel the floor under my feet. I know it's there but the feeling for it is gone. Now that I said that I think you should watch the three video post I put in hope and inspiration. The doctor is talking about changes in the brains of people with fibro and that our illness behaves a lot like MS, in terms of nerve messages not getting through to their intended target. I found the video's to be informative and worth listening too.

When I was in Florida, several of my doctors thought I had MS at first because of the come & go symptoms that were so like MS. What do you think?[/QUOTE

Good morning!😁I thought I had ms before I was diagnosed withfibro.the symptoms are very similar.thanks for mentioning that.yes I have that numbness too or extreme cramps!it's a bummer when I have to go to the bathroom!lol!

I get numbness alot - and its been really bad in the past 6 months. Before it was just random one hand here and there, maybe a few toes or a foot maybe once a month. Now its like all the time.

I can just be sitting and ill get numbness in my hands, or just laying in bed and i get numbness in my feet and hands.

It scared me at first too - i have an appt with Neuro doc here in a few weeks to verify its nothing else on top of fibro.

As i type this my left foot/leg is going numb and all im doing is sitting here, and my foot is tingly (im not diabetic either)

I was just told its part of having fibro, though I dont see many others with the same symptom? (i know everyone has different symptoms)
I have some weird symptoms besides numbness.
:shock:

Hi , i am new to this group. I have Fibromyalgia this condition was misdiagnosed by the military in 1990 and i was discharged with a diagnosis of chronic fatigue until 2007 that it was re-evaluated. This is horrible , and the worst part when my employer makes smart remarks as if i am faking it. Has any one experience the lack of support from their employer?
I do not know how long i am going to continue working. I cant drive far anymore, i dont walk the same, the weather affects me. too hot , too cold, feet in horrible pain, cant sleep and cant think straight . I forget things . I miss work so much and is like instead of my employee offering some type of support , they conspire to agitate me all the time. One thing that i learned from the type of employer i have ,is that hostility does affect this condition. Too much noise, too much light , it is crazy painful when it flares up. Since i am new here , can i make some friends that can share their experiences?

Hi , i am new to this group. I have Fibromyalgia this condition was misdiagnosed by the military in 1990 and i was discharged with a diagnosis of chronic fatigue until 2007 that it was re-evaluated. This is horrible , and the worst part when my employer makes smart remarks as if i am faking it. Has any one experience the lack of support from their employer?
I do not know how long i am going to continue working. I cant drive far anymore, i dont walk the same, the weather affects me. too hot , too cold, feet in horrible pain, cant sleep and cant think straight . I forget things . I miss work so much and is like instead of my employee offering some type of support , they conspire to agitate me all the time. One thing that i learned from the type of employer i have ,is that hostility does affect this condition. Too much noise, too much light , it is crazy painful when it flares up. Since i am new here , can i make some friends that can share their experiences?

That almost sounds like harassment in the work place. :sad: Have you talked to HR? I would start with HR and go from there.
I'm pretty sure i've had fibro for many many years now, and because of the massive intense stress i've had in the last 3 years, my body finally said ok its time to fall apart! ugh. In the past 6-8 months now , i seem to be having so many symptoms all at once and its not funny - not sleeping, cant think - and forgetting ALOT, the hot /cold has bothered me for awhile now, the numbness is painful and annoying, and just the overall pain. It really sucks. I found this forum yesterday hoping to find people to talk to too! I'm about at witts end and need to talk to someone about all of this.

I have extreme numbness in my feet. I chalked it up to diabetes, and I do believe a great deal of my issues can be as a result of neuropathy. However, there is a strange sensation that doesn't fit neuropathy and I can't help but wonder if it's due to FM. I have SI Joint arthritis, which is early onset for my age, and that compresses on a lot of nerves that run through the sacro iliac joint. It could be a multitude of things, I guess! But from what I understand, foot numbness is sometimes a FM symptom.

I advise being careful in the shower! When you close your eyes and tilt your head back, say to wash the soap out of your hair, you may get vertigo due to your feet being numb. The brain basically does a little freak out because it can't coordinate where it's standing -- and falls can happen. I've fallen three times in the shower this year, so we are installing a rail in the tub for me to hold on to while I rinse my hair. That's the only time that I really loose my footing.

Hi guys,

Thanx for your responses.My numbness in my feet did resolve as the dr said it would.I haven’t had it since I posted.I’m stilling getting pain in my feet on and off which I attribute to the Fibromyalgia.It gets especially painful when I have a Fibro flare( when symptoms increase to the max).I ice them and they usually are improved by the next day.Ice really does help even though it takes energy to do lol.

Feel better

Sagey

I had numbness and a feeling like sharp needles. I was told I had a form of nuropathy and that my nerves were dieing and soon I wouldnt feel my feet. That was 3 months ago, so far I still feel my feet, lol yeah, and the pain has subsided.

I am newly diagnosed and concerned about the numbness in my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back