New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Marie219 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Toronto
State: ONTARIO
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Marie219 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Welcome to the forum Katejo !

When I was first diagnosed to have Fibromyalgia five years ago, without any knowledge about it, I worried and tried different ways to lessen the pain which was severe at the beginning. I understand how you feel.

Like you, I prefer not to take prescribed medications. There are nutritional supplement that you can try and see how it works for you.

1. Essential Fatty Acids: flax seed oil, evening primrose oil and hemp seed oil - with an adequate intake of the essential fatty acids that stimulate the synthesis of the anti-inflammatory prostaglandins that block the pain and inflammatory effects of chemical mediators. Flax seeds, walnuts, pecans, avocados, pumpkins seeds and almonds are good sources of anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids.

2. Antioxidants: enzymes, vitamins and minerals help prevent damage to cells and vital tissues in the body. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is effective in treating Fibromyalgia symptoms due to its role of producing energy in nearly every cell of the body. It gives relief from pain and increases energy levels.

3. Magnesium and Malic Acid: the malic acid found in apples fights the muscle fatigue and pain caused by Fibromyalgia.

4. Amino acid supplements prolong the natural pain-killing hormones in the body. When we do exercise, these hormones are released, although, with my Fibromyalgia, I am not able to do exercise everyday, I do whenever I have enough energy, knowing that exercise is important.

Aside from these, I take tumeric powder for pain and Ginkgo to help my memory. I also go for acupuncture weekly; those needles do not cause pain but lessen my Fibromyalgia pain. One single treatment is not enough, I started to feel the benefit after having it for a short period of time.

I wish you feeling better and better each day.