Thread: Aussie alone
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 02:35 AM #3 (permalink)
Suzan Williams

Suzan Williams
Default Aussie Alone

Hi Lydia, sorry have had a busy weekend with sports finals over here racing between netball (aussie ball game primarily for girls which is like basketball, but not) and aussie rules football.

When I went to the neuro in July he handballed me to the other neuro who did the original EMG because he has "an interest in this sort of thing?!" - whatever that means. I was aware at my first EMG that he recorded one of my calf fasics very clearly. The neuro also vaguely mentioned "motor neurone" not in the context of any sentence (at least not one I could understand). Then asked if I had any questions - questions to what! He gave me no clue as to where he thinks this is heading, which after the fact can be very frustrating as I did not know what to ask about - he is supposed to be the expert, not me.

So, after reading what others have to say, I have started a list of questions to throw at him and if he is not more thorough or does not provide some insight as to where he is heading with a diagnosis, I think I will go elsewhere. I will be patient and wait until October unless things take a dive before then.

I must admit that new areas of cramping, fasics etc seem to come about every month to six weeks, when I first saw them (June 30) it was primarily in my calves/forearms, I now get them feet, stomach, back, face, scalp, shoulder, hands - basically all over. So by October who knows what will have progressed.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me Lydia - on this site at least people know what I'm talking about.

Suzan: