View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:50 PM #7 (permalink)
heatherjoy

heatherjoy
Default lack of ability to sneeze

Yes, it's what I'm thinking is a lack of ability to sneeze along with fasiculations and other symptoms, (most of which I've had on and off for years before though), but some new, i.e. unable to sneeze (a least I think I'm unable to, maybe I just don't need to and I'm obcessing). Also the "sleep starts"--- I'm sure they're probably a benign neuro thing going on (at least, I haven't heard that they're associated with ALS), I think the twitching, lack of sleep and pain are getting to me. Perhaps I haven't given the fibromyalgia diagnosis enough concern. I've had many doctors tell me it's not "a real diagnosis" yet, others tell me that it is. I have been trying not to take any muscle relaxants, pain mediations, stomach medications (i.e. donnatol for severe upper and lower GI problems), or sleep aids (don't ever take all of these meds every day though), this week in preparation for my sleep study next week, (I've told they could alter the outcome of the study). It's been very difficult not taking anything though...... I really appreciate all of you so much. Thanks for being here. Heather.