View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:14 PM #3 (permalink)
NC guy

NC guy

Not yet. The last visit, he wanted to see if she was twitching visibly. He watched her thigh (which does twitch periodically) but didn't see anything in the office. I've seen these twitches myself so I know they exist and they are happening in fairly odd places as it would seem. I know everybody experiences twitches every now and again, but what troubles me is the associated weakness that seems to be affiliated with them along with cramps in the same areas. So far, no visible signs of any atrophy.

When we were there last, he lightly mentioned doing another EMG, but seems like he wants to stick with the restless leg for the time being. My wife has her symptoms throughout the day and it is not relieved by getting up and moving around. She also is frequently fatigued and much of it isn't relieved by simply getting rest.

I realize that with past experience with fibromyalgia and restless leg type symptoms, its probably going to get labeled as such and nothing wrong with that if it is truly symptoms of either. Most of the neuromuscular centers in the area are going to require a referral so her options seem to be to either continue to see the current neurologist, find another or revisit the rheumotologist in an effort to get a referral from him. Do we wait on her current neurologist or start over?

Also, there's another symptom she's been experiencing that is very odd. Its hard to remember everything. Back in early December, she had a feeling in her tongue in which it felt very thick she said. It lasted for about 3 days and subsided. Then it would occur intermittently in a week or so. Last week, she awoke at night to have the same feeling which disappeared in a matter of hours. This went on for several days in a row. She has also said that her voice seems nasally to her, although I haven't noticed it that much.

For what its worth, I'd like to say that she hasn't been doing that much online reading of symptoms so its not one of those things where she's convinced she has this or that. I'm seeing these symptoms and wondering really more than she is after reading up on ALS and other neuromuscular diseases.