rollinloud

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
I have a family member with fibromyalgia who is interested in using medical marijuana. Has anyone out there tried this? I'm sure many of you have tried it but I mean has anyone else tried it to ease the pain of fibromyalgia? If so, how has it worked or not worked for you or the person that you know who has fibromyalgia?

I use it for fybro and ocd. It helps with the pain and even gives me more energy and i'm a lot more functional on pot. I'm also no longer on meds that made me gain 100lbs! But, I haven't been on it for long just about 2 months now, I've seen a better improvement but still need help with a lot of the fatigue. It all depends on the person and then you have to figure out what strand and how much is just enough. Hope this helps.

I use it for fybro and ocd. It helps with the pain and even gives me more energy and i'm a lot more functional on pot. I'm also no longer on meds that made me gain 100lbs! But, I haven't been on it for long just about 2 months now, I've seen a better improvement but still need help with a lot of the fatigue. It all depends on the person and then you have to figure out what strand and how much is just enough. Hope this helps.

What strands do you use? I hear sativas are the best strains. What type of meds were you on that caused the weight gain? Congrats on losing it. You sound like the poster boy/girl for medical mary jane. :-o

Astro queen and medicine women. I was on all kinds, for depression, sleep, pain, you name it, anything they threw at me and thought would help. It was a very long and slow uphill battle with everything that was going on. I'm still trying to get over the weight gain but at least things are getting better.

Last week was awesome, I had so much energy and I was able to actually clean the house and scrub everything down. Normally I wasn't even able to be that active before I switched "meds" This week I can feel it though, feels like the day after a really good workout at the gym. Been like that for most of the week.

So, it takes some time to get used to but worth it for me. Even my mom and aunt have seen a difference. I mean with the O.C.D I was a paranoid freak who couldn't even go to the store with out having panic attacks. I still hardly leave the house but i'm not paranoid anymore. :D

Astro queen and medicine women. I was on all kinds, for depression, sleep, pain, you name it, anything they threw at me and thought would help. It was a very long and slow uphill battle with everything that was going on. I'm still trying to get over the weight gain but at least things are getting better.

Last week was awesome, I had so much energy and I was able to actually clean the house and scrub everything down. Normally I wasn't even able to be that active before I switched "meds" This week I can feel it though, feels like the day after a really good workout at the gym. Been like that for most of the week.

So, it takes some time to get used to but worth it for me. Even my mom and aunt have seen a difference. I mean with the O.C.D I was a paranoid freak who couldn't even go to the store with out having panic attacks. I still hardly leave the house but i'm not paranoid anymore. :D

Astro queen and medicine women are the names of the strains of medical marijuana that you smoke? How creative! Everyone notices a positive difference in me too. Medial marijuana is a lifesaver! Legalize it!

this may be a dumb question but does Medical marijuana come in pill form? I don't smoke, don't want to smoke but have read a lot while doing online research about the benefits of medical marijuana for fibromyalgia.

this may be a dumb question but does Medical marijuana come in pill form? I don't smoke, don't want to smoke but have read a lot while doing online research about the benefits of medical marijuana for fibromyalgia.

It sure does. It is called "marinol". Workers compensation victims are often prescribed it for their injuries and it is paid for by the state and the original insurer. Ironic, isn't it? That these states will allow thc to be consumed in the pill form but not in the plant form. How much more hypocritical can it get? These politicians are devils. Pure evil.

Here in South Africa Marinol is not available, however I have tried smoking it.
It works extremely well (better than medication doctors given me), but it only lasts for about 2 hours before the pain is back.
It works well for depression, appetite loss and pain.

I have a family member with fibromyalgia who is interested in using medical marijuana. Has anyone out there tried this? I'm sure many of you have tried it but I mean has anyone else tried it to ease the pain of fibromyalgia? If so, how has it worked or not worked for you or the person that you know who has fibromyalgia?

Before your friend decides to use medical marijuana for her problem, she has to see if that problem is one of the conditions her state has decided to grant MMJ licenses for. Laws vary from state to state.

As far as it working for fibromyalgia, I think it does a really good job with certain types of muscle pain and MMJ eases muscle spasms. I find it really helps joint pain in my hands and feet.

Each person is different and some people are not helped by it. It may take your friend a while to learn if it works for her,

Before your friend decides to use medical marijuana for her problem, she has to see if that problem is one of the conditions her state has decided to grant MMJ licenses for. Laws vary from state to state.

As far as it working for fibromyalgia, I think it does a really good job with certain types of muscle pain and MMJ eases muscle spasms. I find it really helps joint pain in my hands and feet.

Each person is different and some people are not helped by it. It may take your friend a while to learn if it works for her,

You are correct. It especially helps for my joint pain. I smoke a joint for my joints. Pun intended. Actually, I tend to vaporize in order to avoid carcinogens. Give it 10 years and it will be legal for medical purposes in at least 30+ states.

I'm a medical marijuana user at the moment. I decided to go down this path mostly because I dread the side effects of most pain meds. Actually most meds have nasty side effects, so I'm trying to avoid that as much as I can. I'm under treatment to treat another health issue, so I don't want to add more side effects to the list.

So far medical marijuana has helped me a lot with my anxiety, insomnia, pain and lack of appetite :) I really recommend it! I smoke a bit before going to bed and some when I wake up in the morning. It keeps me calm most of the day.

Hey there! I had OCD (still have, I guess, but it's under control now), and I had to struggle with it for a while. Do you reckon marijuana has helped you with OCD? I ask because I'm a marijuana user myself, and so far I've also noticed some improvements in my levels of anxiety :) I gained a lot weight because meds as well :( It's amazing how some meds can do more damage than good... suddenly you are trapped trying to make a decision and pick the lesser evil.

I'm a medical marijuana user at the moment. I decided to go down this path mostly because I dread the side effects of most pain meds. Actually most meds have nasty side effects, so I'm trying to avoid that as much as I can. I'm under treatment to treat another health issue, so I don't want to add more side effects to the list.

So far medical marijuana has helped me a lot with my anxiety, insomnia, pain and lack of appetite :) I really recommend it! I smoke a bit before going to bed and some when I wake up in the morning. It keeps me calm most of the day.

I feel the same! I had terrible experiences with the medication that has thc. It's called marinol. That really bothered my stomach and made me feel even worse. So, I vaporize the plant and bake with it. It really calms me down and reduces pain.

I was just reading about some of the healing properties of basil today. Besides being an anti-inflammatory that can help treat arthritis, and being good for improving memory, and helping to get rid of those fall and winter colds that will soon be coming along, it is helpful for a host of other things.
There is a whole list of health benefits, too many to just copy, so I am adding a link to the article.
One interesting aspect of Basil, is that it has many of the same properties that make medical marijuana effective as a treatment, and there is no restriction on growing and using all the basil that one desires.

Have you tried the basil? Does it work? I feel weird as a 41 yr old using pot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back