Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Alabama
One of the important things is to keep our body alkaline for health. When we eat acid-making foods, our body will easily get sick, and we are more apt to contract a disease, or to have more arthritis or other joint pain. Water has a pH very close to the optimal pH for the human body, so drinking purified water is alkalizing and healing to the body.
Most of the common things that we drink, such as soda pop, coffee, energy drinks, and even most of the so-called Vitamin Water, is extremely acidic, with a pH rating of around 3-4, rather then the 7+ which water is.
These common drinks can lower the pH in our body and make it more acidic, while drinking water will help normalize the body to the proper range on the alkaline--acidic scale. here is the pH of some of our most common drinks in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very interesting. Thank for for sharing that. I try to drink plenty of water, but sometimes it is difficult. I understand how important it is though.

I agree that acidic food can make you sick. This is very much in line with the Chinese belief that acidic food are very "hot" to the body, that's why the body reacts to repel it by getting sick. It's not really heat as it is but it is more of the adverse effect of those food in the body.

What I always do whenever I eat those "hot" or acidic foods is that I would drink lots of water, maybe about double of what I usually take. It's a good way to cleanse your body of deficiencies.

I heard a very acidic body pH could be responsible for rapid tumor growth. I started researching and found a list of foods that are naturally alkalizing, I think honey was in that list. I try not to consume foods that are way too acid, because I always remember the cancer bit of that article I read a while ago. Better be safe than sorry! Because you never know if that could be true or not, I'm honestly thinking it is!

From what I'm learning through the diet my doctor has me on, it's about keeping your ph balanced. You need to consume more alkaline foods than acidic foods. Saying that we should only eat alkaline foods implies that acid foods are unhealthy, but that's not necessarily the case. High protein foods like meat are acidic, but some people (like myself) require animal protein to stay strong (not everyone is this way.) But yes, reducing acid in your body does reduce inflammation, fatigue, muscular pain, and other pains.

I am bit skeptical regarding this unless a person is suffering from a disease which causes wider than normal pH variation. The body is very efficient at regulating pH and it takes a lot to cause significant changes. I would imagine you are right about soda though. Some people seem to drink soda and nothing else. I'd imagine this could effect pH as well as being very unhealthy overall.

I would have to agree with Siderea, on this topic. Keeping a balance is important as my urologist once told me, for too alkaline can set you up in developing yeast infections and urinary infections. And too acidly can upset the balance if you suffer from interstitial cystitis. The more acidified your urine is the more inflamed your bladder will be and there is an increased burn to the tender tissue of the inner bladder walls.

Those who develop cystitis tend to have alkaline urines, where as normal urine is acid. Thus, the thought is that drinking acid fluids such as cranberry juice would make your urine more normal and less hospitable to any bacteria. In actuality, the more you acidify your urine the better the bacteria like it. This is because the bacteria use a component of acidic urine, called urea to help them multiply and thrive. When the bacteria of common cystitis are present, they tend to make your urine alkaline in their process of multiplying. So what I am trying to say is your alkaline urine is the result of a bacterial infection, not the cause of it.

When you acidify your urine in the course of a bacterial infection you are helping the bacteria by giving more fuel to the fire. So it is a two-edged sword as they say this balancing act of not to acidified and not too alkaline, but keeping a perfect balance.

I actually bought litmus paper from the local pharmacy to always test my own PH. I found that on days where pain was more prevalent, I'd have a higher acid PH. I strongly suggest that you purchase litmus paper. It's not cheap, but it will last for a very long time, as all you will be doing is just spitting on a small section of it, and then ripping it off, and matching it on the color chart (that comes with the paper). I agree, balance is the key but did read more than once, that the one thing people with cancer and other diseases had in common, was a system that was acidic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back