Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
I have been dealing with chronic pain for years now. About a year ago my doctor referred me to a martial arts dojo that taught lessons in Tai Chi. They were specialized for customers who had pain or injuries that restricted normal movement. Since starting I have managed to decrease my medications and have had fewer of my bad days.

Has anyone else tried or been referred to try this? I'm curious to see if this has worked for anyone else.

Tai Chi is an excellent way to get exercise along with mental relaxation. Doesn't stress your joints as it is low impact. Can't say that it improves my pain, but it keeps me limber and relaxed. Same with gentle yoga.

Tai Chi is awesome. I finr going through my routines help a lot. Been doing more Taekwondo lately. always feel better after a sensible workout.

It's been recommended to me by several people, but I'm living in a place where no one teaches it. I bought an instructional book on it, but have yet to try it.

I do really believe in the healing power of chi, though. I've been being healed through Chinese medicine. Acupuncture has taught me a lot about the effects of chi. So slow, methodical movements that support the flow of chi would certainly work, I'm sure of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back