Not open for further replies.

Siderea

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
ND
I know that doctors won't prescribe vitamins, but that's because they don't research or study them. It isn't in their profession to do so, because they do not study nutrition. But loads of research since the late 1800's has proven that vitamin and nutrient deficiencies along with too much toxicity in the body is the cause of most chronic illnesses. Nutrients and vitamins are needed to ward off toxicity, but we get overpowered by toxicity because we don't have enough nutrients and vitamins to fight them off. This is what naturopathology is based on. Taking loads of supplements daily and eating only to heal my body (very highly strict diet) is healing me. I've made a lot of improvement in the last 6 months.

So what I'm wondering is what vitamins brands do you like the best, what doses work best for you, and which vitamins do you focus on taking? Do you have any experience worth sharing about how taking supplements has helped you improve?

I personally take my naturopath's own brand (he has them specially made to his qualifications.) I'm taking 4 multivitamins a day, 4 B complex vitamins a day, 2-4 trace element supplements a day (magnesium, iron, zinc, chromium, and the like,) and I mix a magnesium and calcium powder mixture into every glass of water I drink. I do take more supplements, too, like herbs and organ tissues, but they're not exactly what I'm referring to in this post. What I noticed within a week of this regimen was that my depression lifted and my energy levels were boosted. In the last 6 months of it, I went from being unable to get out of bed with fatigue and being unable to move much because of pain, to being able to move pain free and have enough energy to accomplish one or two things a day. I have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress.

That is so awesome. I am going to have to make sure that I am taking vitamins. I do not know why it is so difficult for me to be consistent. Thanks for the share.

I haven't had any vitamins but I'm on Whey Protein, it's a afterwork out drink/shake. It helps post workout. Sometimes I even take it when I haven't worked out that day.

Sidera, thank you for this posting.

I have heard of vitamin the B's. I have also heard the Chromium Picolinate I wonder if probiotics would help. I heard it helps diabetics with insulin and that in turn helps the joints. I have knee and ankle problems along with being in a so called pre-diabetic state.

Be careful with Chromium, Siderea. It helped me lose weight and help me regulate the glucose in my blood, but if you take a very high dose daily is really risky, since this trace mineral is said to be capable to case cancer. I had to stop taking it because I couldn't sleep well thinking about the risk. I'm now using something else to help me regulate my glucose levels.

B vitamins, D, magnesium malate, calcium, are what I add daily. Also flax and chia seed for heart health (cholesterol levels). Magnesium malate also keeps my IBS-C manageable. Just starting acetyl l-cartinine to see if there is any boost in energy or memory. Always buy any supplements or vitamins from a reputable company that at least has third party audits for quality and purity.

Hi Loftpat,
What brand of magnesium malate do you take?
Thanks,
Laura

Hey Laura. I use Source Naturals. There's a company called Emerson Ecologics that certifies all supplements it sells. Check them out and I am sure you can find other brands if you can't find Source Naturals. I use this as I have a membership at my local health food store and I get a 25% discount.
Pat

Hey Laura. I use Source Naturals. There's a company called Emerson Ecologics that certifies all supplements it sells. Check them out and I am sure you can find other brands if you can't find Source Naturals. I use this as I have a membership at my local health food store and I get a 25% discount.
Pat

hi Pat-thanks so much for your reply. As a new member, I have to get used to checking responses. I went into a Vitamin Shoppe on Saturday and bought a brand that the salesperson recommended ...drum roll.. Source Naturals. I don't know if it is a coincidence but even though I have been sleep deprived for the past couple of nights and I had a really long and busy day at work, I am physically feeling fairly pain free (despite being very cranky). I so appreciate this recommendation, so thanks!

I have also tried to follow the protocol from Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's book, Pain Free 1-2-3 and I have found these to be helpful.

One thing I find so difficult and trying to deal with is that whenever I think I have the answer, I don't. I think it is sleep related, barometric pressure related, exercise, gluten, sugar, you name it, something proves my theory wrong. :x

This stuff is really hard.

This seems really interesting. My friend is going to try vitamins and supplement it with a vegan diet. I'll get back to you when he does, this seems like it has promise.

I do take vitamins for my immune system and to lower my blood pressure. The brand that I stick to the most when available is Natures Best. But everyone here must realize is that no matter what supplements you intake, it won't work unless you stop eating bad foods. Why would you throw fertilizer on a plant when you throw weed killer over it as well. Same rule applies here. Stop poisoning your body, detox, then add supplements. They will work.

Sometimes vitamins and food supplements are more effective than many drugs, not to mention that they are way healthier. I support this 100%.

Never heard of it, or thought of it, I have always taken vitamins less seriously, but I am going to give it a try and see what difference it makes, but from what you have told us, am sure there is going to be a difference.

Hey everyone! I found that when I would have my kale and spinach smoothies in my nutribullet that it helped me a great deal, I have also went gluten free and have eliminated a lot of meat from my diet now, not only does meat go right through me, I felt better, however I fell off the wagon so my pain is back times 10 and I have been feeling awful. It is hard for me to be consistent, I have to make myself a chart just so that I can make sure to take the time out and put myself first.

I always take Echinacea when the summer is about to end to make my immune system stronger and avoid colds, so I imagine that there are other solutions for other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back