Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
ES
State
Madrid
During some of the worst times of my life, when my pain just wouldn't give me a break and sleep was hard to come by, I managed to decrease its intensity by visualising myself outside my body. I would leave my aching husk and look down at myself from a point somewhere above myself, floating in a different dimension. Through this detachment I was able to cope much better with the pain and depression I experienced.
Over the years I developed my very own techniques of meditation.
How about you? How do you cope?

Sadly I'm not good at meditating, for that I need to be completely relaxed and that's something specially hard for me. I have achy neck muscles right now due tension. I wish I could meditate, I have tried it, believe me, but some random thought ends up popping up and ruining it all. I need to try harder I guess.

Btw, what you just described sounds a lot like astral projection, hehehehe!

Sadly I'm not good at meditating, for that I need to be completely relaxed and that's something specially hard for me. I have achy neck muscles right now due tension. I wish I could meditate, I have tried it, believe me, but some random thought ends up popping up and ruining it all. I need to try harder I guess.

Btw, what you just described sounds a lot like astral projection, hehehehe!

Achy neck... oh no. I get it if I lose myself in front of the computer for a few hours. It's terrible how you can get so sucked in without noticing that you have been sitting in an awkward position for a long time. Again, swimming, particularly floating, really helps to ease those strains and loses up everything.
PS: You seem well informed about astral projection. ;-)

Thanks for the tip! I heard swimming is great for many things, including this kind of issues, but sadly that's not an option for me right now :( It might be in the future too :) Hehehe, I could say the same about you ;) Well, I have read a bit about it and I have a friend who was trying to learn the technique. I told him about a weird experience while i was sleeping some years ago, he then told me it sounded like astral projection. Haven't had that kind of experiences since I was 23 :O

Thanks for the tip! I heard swimming is great for many things, including this kind of issues, but sadly that's not an option for me right now :( It might be in the future too :) Hehehe, I could say the same about you ;) Well, I have read a bit about it and I have a friend who was trying to learn the technique. I told him about a weird experience while i was sleeping some years ago, he then told me it sounded like astral projection. Haven't had that kind of experiences since I was 23 :O

That's sounds really interesting, Trellum. Perhaps you would like to share your experience, if it isn't too personal. Did you visit some interesting places while asleep?
I think a lot of people realise that not all the things that they are experiencing during their sleeping hours are necessarily dreams. But dreams within dreams. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back