Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2016
Country
US
State
TX
looking to see if anyone here has tried acupuncture and if so did you find it beneficial?

I had one treatment on Friday and i think it helped...at this point even if it is a placebo effect I would be enclined to continue.

She said that fibromyalgia has been treated in China for a long time that she directs the Qi to enable the body to correct itself.

I think i would lick the sidewalk if someone told me it would help so im just curious to see if anyone here had tried it?

looking to see if anyone here has tried acupuncture and if so did you find it beneficial?

I had one treatment on Friday and i think it helped...at this point even if it is a placebo effect I would be enclined to continue.

She said that fibromyalgia has been treated in China for a long time that she directs the Qi to enable the body to correct itself.

I think i would lick the sidewalk if someone told me it would help so im just curious to see if anyone here had tried it?

Acupuncture has actually helped lessen my fibromyalgia pain a bit.
After acupuncture i would feel less pain and its like my body could relax a bit.
The less pain and more relaxed feeling didnt last for to long tho only about 1 day.

i've tried it a few times. it helped with my back pain tremendously for a week, but not so much with fibro. although it did not work for me it doesn't mean it won't work for you. but i'd be curious to know how many sessions the acupuncturist recommends to see benefits and how long it will last, or is it a long term commitment.

I haven't really tried, but heck, if acupuncture helped my mom to conceive and my friend not to have those awful headaches.... I'm sure it can help with many other things. If it wasn't so expensive I'd surely give it a try :)

Um, Wedel you speak my language, I've licked the sidewalk!!! When my intense pain started after the ortho ruled out bulging disc/nerve damage I had a chiropractor work on me twice with acupuncture. Just like devilstompa it helped but very short term. At $60 a pop it's to exspensive for me. I'ld have to do it daily for relief too much for me.

I would recommend it for a special event, and if I knew in time it could reverse damage I might would find a less exspensive provider.

Last edited:
I have absolutely tried acupuncture. Can't wait to have some more! To me, it's superior to chiropractic and massage therapy. The needles are as thin as your hair and rarely bother me at all. And for someone who can't even stand hypodermics, that's saying something. For me, it's gentler than chiro, and in my experience, the results are more enduring than massage therapy. I highly recommend acupuncture.

I went twice, got through a family funeral and had 4 days that were almost normal ( or what I remember normal to feel like) the last 3 days my hips have been screaming and I'm exhausted...back to my reality of normal with fibro. Will go as $$ allows, looking for the magical sidewalk to lick...when I find it I will post the coordinates

Bwahaha, Wedel I don't know what you look like but I can picture us going around, bent down licking dirt sidewalks! How desperate we truely are.

Thank you so much for the laugh.

I have heard that acupuncture has helped many people to recover from numerous conditions though fibro being a syndrome, I wouldn't vouch for resounding success unless the practitioner conducts several sessions to locate the different norciceptors and pain pathways, but thats my opinion. If it can work its great since it has no side effects. The only problem is whether there is consistency among different individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back