Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
IRL
State
Wexford
I'd like to know if anyone has benefited from it. Started today, was shown three excercises which I did once each and now I have pain everywhere (wasnt even too sore today before it)

Be nice to know if it works before embarking on it.

Mine helped me enormously -- I can walk again. But my PT asked me to tell him about every single pain I had after exercise, so they could adjust the exercises accordingly.

Yes, I've found physical therapy very helpful at times. However. I have also been pushed too hard by therapists, which it seems like happened to you. You can let them know not to push you so hard because you had pain and/or you can find a new therapist.

Physio was a huge no no for me and caused so much pain and stiffness the next day that took weeks to recover from...we are all different...my physio refused to carry on treating me because of my severe reaction.....glad it helps some of you.

Thanks for the replies. Seems it varies a lot from person to person. I'll try take the advice not to overdo it but it seems like every little thing is overdoing it lately! I'll post back in a month.

Well, it's been a couple of months, I said I'd post. Had to take a break from physio for a few weeks in between as I was too wrecked but otherwise been doing it continuously.

It hasnt relieved any major pains but has helped with minor. It made me aware of the defensive guarded positions I was taking with walking (legs like planks) and shoulder (arm in a sling position. I guess when you expect pain you brace for it. long term it's not good keeping those positions)

So I did benefit, just not the way I hoped for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back