Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I can only imagine this is what a zombie feels like.
My legs are like lead so is my arms.and even breathing is hard work.
Even this is hard work.
How are u ever meant to meet anyone like this.im single with a wonderful four year old.and three frown teens. Two teens Dan is 20.
I can't go out at night as I'm so tired .sure I don't need a man.but how the hell would u ever have a relationship when u feel like crap everyday .

I was just wondering the same thing. Interesting that I chose to log in today and then to see your thread first. dododo

I have not had a relationship, friend or more, for about 8 years. Maybe you can relate to some of what I am saying.

Most of the time I just expect this is forever how I will be. And I'm actually content with being alone. But there are times I realize how young I am. I remember how it felt to be in the arms of someone you can't stop thinking about. Knowing you are wanted.

Well, I know my first problem is that I look miserable all of the time. Unapproachable. Yet then, what do I have to talk about? Can you hold a conversation without feeling like you could care less about what they are talking about? And most of what I have to say is complaints.

If you're in a one on one, I'd like to get to know you, conversation (congrats you got this far); How do you get past the I have fibromyaliga part? (In addition to I'm a single mom with 3 kids). It's not like you can say it and move on. And you can't hide it. Most people ask what is it. For me, at this point of the conversation, I just want to crawl back into my hole. I have no self worth is tattooed on my forehead.

How can you love someone if you don't love yourself? How can someone love you if you don't love yourself?

This is probably the biggest obstacle overcome no matter what your difficulties are.

I you feel like crap most of the time, your not exactly emitting positive energy. I don't know about you but, I haven't exactly accepted this is part of, excuse me, is my life now. I don't know if and how I ever will. But I do have hope I will and that's a start.

Zombies don't have feelings do they? You do. And thats why you will get to where you want to be.

U are an angle .ty for such a lovely post.
I to accepted I'm single .i even accept I have fibro .and most of the time being alone pays off,I do things my way .and it's quite liberating .
But it would be so nice to have someone even da da dahhhh online.to chat to.and make u feel wanted.theres only so much hugs kisses and talking to my dog u can do in a day. It's a very one sided convo.maybe I should run an add. Single women 43 second hand ,wants online boyfriend who she can turn off when she's had enough lol.

When you find said guy, ask him if he has a brother lol.

Oh Forgetmenot your post made me lol.

' Wants online boyfriend who she can turn off when she's had enough'..you're so funny...that's why any man would want to get to know you ...even if just to chat, as underneath the pain is a lovely funny warm lady!

I can only imagine this is what a zombie feels like.
My legs are like lead so is my arms.and even breathing is hard work.
Even this is hard work.
How are u ever meant to meet anyone like this.im single with a wonderful four year old.and three frown teens. Two teens Dan is 20.
I can't go out at night as I'm so tired .sure I don't need a man.but how the hell would u ever have a relationship when u feel like crap everyday .

Being in a relationship will certainly help with some of the mental fatigue, although physical fatigue is going to remain. Generally the better you click with someone the more they are willing to put up with and work around.

I was going to agree and even though you might feel that your not well enough to be in a relationship, if your in the right relationship it can actually make you feel 100 times better.

I found just knowing somebody was there for me, even if I didn't need them was a comfort for me and while a relationship isn't only about support, it's good to know that support is there if and when you may need it.

Yeah, feeling with no energy is something I don't wish to anyone...

It's my legs. There so weak in the morning. And aching like hell at night.walking little one to school is hard work some days .

Hi! Sorry your legs are hurting and it is hard! My legs cramp up and I can't walk very far. I don't know if this is because of an injury at a organic farm I worked at or fibro/chronic fatigue. All I know is it's really LIMITING and makes me feel so weak!!! I get cramps on the sides of my legs after walking very far. I am tired tired today. Had a stressful day with air conditioning person coming in my house and not telling me what's wrong..said he would talk to the landlord. Sounds fishy to me. Seems like he wants to say "it just gets hot" in afternoon. That's bs. That takes up lots of energy. I'm still undiagnosed but all I can say sleeping most of the day and then having a little energy is hard and not very normal and makes you feel wierd and like venting!!!! So agh!!! People are frustating! Being limited is HARD! Sorry it's hard for you too. <3

When your in pain we all know it's hard to be positive.
I try to hang on to... Things happen for reason. And if we can't see the reason now, we will understand sometime in the future.
But leave it at that. You can't analyze it.
Although, I find myself over using the phrase, it is what is is.

Hi, So sorry you are feeling so bad. Yes it is hard to find someone that can understand what your going through. I can so relate. I also have back problems just had my third surgery and the fused the lower part of my back. Most of my life right now is just staying in my bed. I only go to the doc and therapy. and thank goodness Kroger has online ordering and i just go pick up my food the next day.
Nerve pain is the worst pain i have ever had. It has also made my fibro flareup bad too. So i can understand how you feel. My left leg is so bad.
I had a relationship for years but he couldn't handle it. I know there are great guys out there, but I think they are all hiding on another planet. :) It would be nice to have someone to hold me at times. But its also nice to not have to worry when i drop something on the floor and no one is there to care. Its also freeing to not have to pretend your fine when your hurting so bad you want to cry. So there are good things about being single too,
I went through a time when my legs were do the same thing. My feet would hurt so bad when i would get up, and my leg felt like they weighed a ton.
it did finally get better, I know it seems crazy but walking ...gently for 5 or 10 min will help. I also wake up at least an hour before i have to get up, just to take my meds so i can get a handle on the pain, You just have to find what works for you.
Do you have a doctor that will really listen to you? It took me 10 years to find one but he has been mine for 20 years now,
I really hope you get better and that you find someone who can be there for you.
this forum is a good place to come, just to know you're not alone.
Take care, Lloue

Ty all. The only man I want in my life now has four legs.we have always had dogs , and as walking does help my fibro, I'm saving up for a dog. I lost my dog a nearly two years ago.and I've missed him ever since.i also want someone to protect the family . Two elderly parents and a me lol hardly feel safe at night.
Anyway once I have found him or her post a pic &#55357;&#56832;

I've been reading through everyone's posts and I can relate to so many of the topics here. Although I am not single, I feel like my boyfriend can't quite understand what's happening to me. It's like because he can't "see" anything, he can't understand the discomfort and frustration I feel. He just sees me waddling around like it's normal now. LOL. I've been suspecting that I had fibro for several months now, but recently was diagnosed with the tender point test and symptoms. I was so relieved that I had something identifiable at least. But, it's hard for others to really get what it feels like. For example, my loving boyfriend worked (physical job) 16 hours straight last night and woke up this morning so sore he could barely get out of bed. I wanted to scream "THAT'S HOW I FEEL EVERY MORNING"!!! But, instead I just hugged him and said awww I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon. :):)

Re Sarafina,
so that you have just found out you have fibro. Yes it is so very hard for those you don't "SEE" anything wrong with us for them to understand. And so many think it can't really be that bad. Well maybe if I only had to feel like this for a day or even a week or two it wouldn't be fun but you can make it through. But when you feel like this day in and day out and you have done everything you know to try and make it better, some things help but nothing can get rid of it all. And you know that you will have to feel this way for the rest of your life, it can really take a toll. Sometimes I want so badly for people to understand how very really this is. Especial those that we love. It is not in our minds, we are not trying to get attentions, we are not depressed and having physical symptoms from that... although just having the pain can make us feel depressed. And yes I know depression can make someone feel horribly bad. For most of those with fibro the pain came well before the depressed feeling.
It really took years and years before even my doctors would say they believed me. Treating me like was a hypochondriac or just wanting pain meds. Some even now will give me "The Look" when I tell them I have fibro. So my advice for us all, me included, is just to take it day at a time, put a smile on our face when me can. And maybe some day the rest of the world will understand. Be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back