Old 07-05-2016, 04:03 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

RudyL90 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Enschede
State: Overijssel
Interest: I am a relative of someone with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
RudyL90 is on a distinguished road
Default Chronic fatique and breathing

Dear all,

This message I have also posted in the General discussion forum. I also want to reach people who suffer from chronic fatique, hence a copy of my post here:

My girlfriend was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in Junuary 2015. Since then, I have been reading scientific papers and books regarding fibromyalgia and chronic fatique syndrome (from which she suffers too). One specific (Dutch) book, written by a psychiatrist, got my attention. In it, the potential link between breathing and chronic fatique and the science behind it is described.
My question to you: could you ask someone to observe the way you breathe for a minute or so? During this minute, try to lay your focus on something that relaxes you. Reading a book or playing a game on your smartphone for instance. What I would like to know: the frequency of your breathing (how many times in a minute?) and your way of breathing (abdominal or chest or both?). Of course, you do not have to do this! But I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Rudy
Closed Thread

Tags
abdominal, books, breathing, chronic, fibromyalgia