Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
In
State
Punjab
I heard about Yoga exercise, somebody suggest me for doing Yoga exercise to take relief from leg pain permanently, but i don't know about Yoga exercise, how i can do that exercise. if anybody have knowledge about Yoga exercise then share your view about that exercise thanx.

Stretching in general can be really good for you. I think too many people focus on cardio and weight training while ignoring the benefits of stretching. As a guy, I'm not huge on yoga. However, the few times I have tried it regularly I have noticed benefits with regards to pain.

I use yoga as a part of my treatment my fibro. To me its a lot more than just stretching. Its a time where I can concentrate on myself and just think about holding poses and breathing. It is a bit of an escape from a busy stressful life so there is a bit of a mental relief as well. The physical part is also a pretty good workout. Holding poses is a lot harder than it looks and when I get done with a class I feel like I have had a significant workout, enough to have some endorphins released and I feel a little better for a short period of time. For me I think it is good as it can be a lot easier on your body than running or weightlifting, so I think it is a good way for people with fibro to get a good workout. I don't think that it is the cure but is a good part of a treatment plan.

If you are looking on how to get started, I would suggest finding a class you can join and try that way you can have a teacher help you get use to the poses and correct you if you are doing it wrong. If a class isn't going to work there a lot of videos on YouTube or Netflix that can get you started.

We have a yoga class at our local YMCA, I'm trying to get my mother keen on the idea of trying it. She's very open minded about eastern medicine and stuff like that. We've tried videos on youtube a few times but I would rather try it with a professional or someone experienced around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back