Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
I just want to know what is wrong...I have burning pain in all my muscles even when doing just daily activities...no doctor seems to know and lets do more tests. Now waiting for neurology referral. Just so tired.

svas,
Try the warm (not hot) bath with epson salts in the water. Also try resting more and warming a blanket in the dryer and then wrapping up in it for a nap. Usually burning pain can signal over stressed muscle tissue. The muscles tend to not relax when at rest and thus stay tense all the time. This leads to stiff muscle fibers and lots of pain. Try and get a massage and ask the person to give you a gentle massage. Try a heat swimming pool for gentle exercises. Take life at a slower pace and don't over do.

Spend time reading through the forum and take notes of the coping skills you learn about here. :)

Try the warm (not hot) bath with epson salts in the water. Also try resting more and warming a blanket in the dryer and then wrapping up in it for a nap. Usually burning pain can signal over stressed muscle tissue.

Excellent advice (as always!) 1sweed. I especially like the one about the heated blanket. It seems as if that would be so relaxing for muscles... and when muscles relax, it really does make a difference with at least some of the pain whether it's fibro or other chronic pain.

Burning pain is a symptom of RSD reflex sympathetic dystrophy (also known as crps or complex regional pain syndrome)
Not saying you have this, but you might want to look up the symptoms and see if anything else matches up?.....
My mom's had it for 17+years and the Dr's think I have it too...
The burning pain is so awful, I want to cut my legs and arm off sometimes (not literally but it just hurts that bad!)..
Do you have this is in one area or all over? Also have you noticed any skin changes, hair or nail changes, sweating more or less in the affected areas, swelling, Allodynia? These are signs as well..
I get mottled skin, other skin changes, my nails are stupid now... I get redness and swelling.. The Allodynia is horrible!
I actually started taking pictures and video of these changes to show my Dr's because I know they thought I was crazy and now they have the proof...
It could be fibro but you don't hear a lot of fibro sufferers complaining about 'burning' pain, which is why I wanted to mention this...
If you have any other details, don't be afraid to share!
And also if you do have this (if you eventually get diagnosed with rsd/crps), icing the affected area is one of the worst things you can do... I know everyone says to ice swollen areas, but ice can cause more pain and cause the rsd to spread, just an FYI..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back