Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
US
State
GA
For my fibro related pain, I currently have been taking Tramadol 100mg 4xs daily and Tizanadine 1-4mg, they are scored, as needed. I also take Cymbalta 60 mg once daily. Anyway, to get to the point, the medication no longer seems to manage my pain. I've been taking the medication for over a year now, and my PCP has referred me to a Rheumatologist. It seems as if he doesn't want to prescribe any other medications, and I believe that is why he has referred me to a Rheumatologist, whom I see in late November. When going to the Rheumatologist appointment, how should I address my concerns with the medication no longer working? I am allergic to Gabapentin and probably all the other anti-epileptic drugs. Are there any other drugs that I could potentially ask her about that may work better than what I currently take? Is suggesting certain medications a good idea or is there another approach that would be better? I'm just desperate to alleviate some of this pain and any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Especially by those who have had similar issues and know how to successfully approach the situation with out being misjudged or misinterpreted. TIA

I am not sure. I was recently switched from tramadol I was on for a year and a half to Norco. It's working much better for me. I think switching occasionally might help but I'm not sure. Of course since my doctor also diagnosed me with Fibro in October I have more norco than she was giving me tramadol. It's working okay but the burning nerve pain is terrible at night and not much helps. Sorry didn't mean to make this about me. Good lunch at your appt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back