Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Well I no there a real name for this but my grandma always called it the bumps.
My heart some times goes out of whack.
It's always when I have indigestion.even thought the dr says it's not.i should no it's my body.
Anyway I no about to much caffeine.bla bla bla.but I wondered if anyone else suffers with this.
It drives me mad ,some stops me sleeping at the moment. And well is a horrid feeling to have.

I've had "palpitations" my old shrink said it was from anxiety. My middle step daughter was born with a heart murmur that acts up occasionally. Can you tell if it comes on after or even b4 anticipated stress? Most importantly has your doc. checked this out?

The dr has told me it's from my indigestion .where the gullet pushes up near th heart.so I'm on strong meds ��

I have had occasions in which I have suffered from heart bumps mostly as a result of indigestion or more precisely, heartburn. I have learnt over time that the best strategy to overcome this is to take small meals at a time. It is also advisable to cut out on caffeinated drinks. Some say that a little wine is good for digestion but my considered opinion is that pineapples are the best solution anyday. It also pays to do some exercises which adjust one's heart rhythm as well as metabolism.

When I could stomach wine I always cut it with pineapple juice and since Temnant mentioned that it reminded me that it did work. But anti anxiety meds did the most for me. I've got/had both heartburn and anxiety for years so I couldn't tell you which one caused the palpatations

You could try taking some valerine (and maybe GABA) for a few days, if that helps them it's probably anxiety.(anxiety can cause heartburn) They are both pretty cheap at any vitamen/nutritional store.

Both of those also help with sleep, so it could be two birds with one stone!

That's the most important, keep trying to see what works best and which side effects we tolerate better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back