Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
New Jersey
Has anyone else experienced soreness/cramping and bad fatigue in their limbs on one side only? I'm currently experiencing that on the right and it's freaking me out! Started with the arm, today is day 4. And last night my right leg started. Cramping in front of calf then came the cramping feeling deep in the back of the thigh. Anyone else? What helps?

Have had "localized" fatigue in my arms, had to wait it out, never found a solution and it wasn't caused by compressing anything which often happens to my legs and causes a sort of just tiredness and numbness and pins and needles feeling. My arms just felt tired and moving them seemed to take so much more energy.

For crampiness these help me:
1) had your vitamin D checked lately? The deeper and more in the bone the pain feels the more this might be related. Mine was low and resistent to going up so I supplement pretty high every day.
2) Magnesium supplements tend to help crampiness for me, of the charlie horse variety - doesn't help the period variety for me which is more "nerve" like but still crampy.
3) potassium from foods - potato, banana, orange juice there's tons of others... Potassium I do not supplement for because there are bad consequences to "ODing" on it. I prefer food sources because I feel like people can eat 10 potatos a day and not OD on potassium [some people do it's called the potato diet haha].

Magnesium, D, potassium, and calcium sort of work in conjunction with eachother in some way and can even inhibit eachother if taken at the same time I think- or at least other medications/vitamins. There is some kind of balance that magnesium and potassium especially are supposed to have with one another.

The defining thing about these being related tends to be that they occur over long bones/muscles... So shins, calves, forarms, upper arms, and back mostly.

You can also try topicals, some people really like:
1) capsaicin cream
2) arnica gel * This is the only one I have used it isn't helpful for deep pain though.
3) magnesium cream
4) I have also had some luck with essential oil muscle rubs, the one I like came in a squirt pen, but it leaked and/or I lost it.

Gently stretching or massage can help sometimes depending on the pain. Warm/moist heat helps me a lot, some people like epsom salt baths but if you feel you can't trust your limbs to get you out of the bath or support you up- maybe don't go for that. If you can't do baths try a heating pad with a well rung moist towel/ just don't get the electrical parts wet.

With that said, your problem could be entirely unrelated to any of this. Keep track of it and if it gets worse or lasts more than a few days it might be time to see a doc of some kind or at least call the on-call nurse for one of your docs and see what they think.

Please try not to panic over every ache pain and sensation... I know its hard and you are new to all this but fibro symptoms basically go anywhere anytime for as long as it decides to stay.

As the years go by you will become more accustomed to this and as it moves around maybe less scared.

Try to enjoy what you can when you can when you can...so if you can ...still be active and carry on within any limits that causes you to feel too much pain.

My fibro started more mildly than it is now ...and i can barely walk these days...so I would say enjoy every minute where this condition causes niggles and discomfort as opposed to debilitating pain that keeps you in bed or house bound.

Of course seek advice for what helps...there are all sorts that helps people from supplements to stronger meds and therapies...there is tons of info on this site if you back read threads or ask any specific questions.

Shyest gives good advice....I would agree with it all.

Have you been given any medication by your doctor or going without at the moment?

Take Care

Yes a lot of ppl do get one sided pain,it's very common with fibro xx

I can agree pain on one side. Mine is left neck all the way down to left foot and everywhere in between. I tell doctors that and they look at me like I'm crazy. I prey for every fibro patient this disease or whatever its called SUCKS really really bad. Its completely ruined my life I cant even play video games anymore cause of the twisting and pulling in my finger bones.

toxichaven,
I was reading your posts about your doctor being like a wall when you talk to him about your pain and that you have pain down the left side of your body. I am genuinely sorry that you are going through this. I can empathize after suffering FM since 1998. I just started going to a NUCCA chiropractor because my neck, shoulders, back and hips went out. I haven't been in an accident or anything. I've seen him twice and my back pain is down by about 70%. The first visit involved consultation and X-rays. Second visit involved treatment. I am just wondering if you are having misalignment in your spine. NUCCA chiropractors do not do the pop and crack methods like others. The downside of a chiro is sometimes insurance won't cover treatments which just burns me. But I thought I'd share this idea with you since your tags include pain in arm, back, leg and you have cramping and fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back