sunkacola

Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
OK, this is a very weird pain, and I have told several doctors about it and one of them have ever heard of it before. I am wondering if I am the only person who has it!

It is in the cartilage of one of my ears --always only the same ear, about one inch below the top curve of my ear. It is a very intense pain that always comes on suddenly and sharply. The only thing that helps is for me to pinch that part of my ear very hard, or to fold my ear over and hold it, but nothing makes it go away until it leaves on its own. It usually lasts for 5 to 30 minutes. I've been having it for about as long as I have probably had fibro.....so perhaps four years.

I am just wondering if I am the only person in the world with this weird pain.
If you don't have this, but you have something else that is weird and the doctors have told you they never heard of it before, please post and tell me, because that will make me feel less alone and strange.:)

We can literally get pain any where... i get sharp pains even in my arm pits and eyes face and like you ears too. It can be generalized ear ache because i have laid on that side of my face against my pillow or a sharp pain like you describe.

I dont even bother the doctor as it moves around so randomly i would be at the doctors every week....please dont worry unless you feel its something separate that you want investigating as i know some people feel safer getting everything checked out.

Your not strange...you just have fibromyalgia. take Care

We can literally get pain any where...

Your not strange...you just have fibromyalgia. take Care

Thanks for that............it is helpful to know I am not alone in this. :)

My big toe.i have the same pain fast sharp like a hot needle.i can't even think it hurts so bad.
Why ? God know.it can last a few seconds to a few minutes.
That's fibro for you.

I get the ear thing too. It's weird & very painful.

Hsmommy

I get the ear thing too. It's weird & very painful.

Hsmommy

Oh, gosh, thanks for posting that. Now I know that I am not alone and I am not crazy. I have received the weirdest looks when I try to tell people about this!!

Fibromyalgia is so strange. And so many people think that it is "all in your mind", or that you are making it up, because it doesn't really make sense to most people.

I have it tonight, just out of the blue. Usually it only lasts a few minutes, but this episode is going on 3 hours. I've never had an ear infection, but I imagine this is how it must feel, but on the outside of the ear. I took a T3, but I'm not expecting it to do much. This is going to make sleep difficult. Oh yay.

Lorna

I was so glad to read that I am not the only one with the weird 'ear' pain - exactly at the same spot you mentioned! I asked my doctor a few times and he always says it is due to tension/stress etc. but it can happen anytime, anywhere, not related to stress at all. The pain can be excruciating and I can spend an hour or longer rubbing that area, just hoping it disappears asap.

So you are not alone!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back