Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NO
State
anonymous
So, for 2 years i've been dealing with multiple issues, and doctors (Only been with 2) have only scratched their heads. I've been dealing with weird sensations on my skin like someone is poking my side when sitting back in a couch or when my skin is touching a surface, but this was only the beginning. I've had jolts in my head, like a painless shock when i was in my bed trying to sleep. This has mainly passed, but i still get it occasionally.

I have also had this weird sensation that has rocked me awake many times. I can dream something and something happens in the dream which makes everything blinding white and i feel like something is crushing my brain or my entire body, and this goes on for a while but still no pain. And i wake up. This might just be dreams, but something tells me there might be more to it.

Now what brought me here is the latest symptoms which has been driving me nuts. It's mainly my back. I feel like there is something wrong with either my muscles or my nerves as well, it feels like something is crawling, but not moving. It's always the same position on different areas. When going to bed now this crawling might set of a shocking sensation in these key areas of fibro, but also on spots i didn't see on the wikipedia page. There is no pain, just an intense shock. I had a physiotherapeut push her fingers on these spots and my muscles seemed very sore and i had these same feelings, but to a lesser degree than when they set of on their own. I also have cold spots, sudden passing ache in a spot on my skin and sometimes when i pinch one spot i might just feel it somewhere else.

Ohh i almost forgot. My muscle sympotms affect mostly my right side, but also the left, just much more rare.

My symptoms bother me mostly in bed, but i also feel them during daytime, just no even close as intense.

Hoping for some answer :)

Stormen,
welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are having some pretty weird symptoms, that may or may not be from fibro. One thing you mentioned is called referred pain, and that is when you feel pain in another area away from the area that hurts. when I have dental work done I nearly always have to have extra numbing of my mouth because the dentist can be working on the right side of my mouth and I feel it on the left. that can happen within our muscles as well.

As for some of the other symptoms, have you been tested for seizure disorder? There is a type of seizure called simple partial. It can cause weird feelings and dream-like states in which vision changes can happen that last only a few seconds or minutes. A neurologist is the best type of doctor to see concerning this type of disorder.

But fibro can also cause electric like shocks and other strange feelings. Have you seen a rheumatogist? This is the type of doctor who can help figure out if fibro could be causing the odd feelings and shocks. I hope this helps you.

Please feel free to ask more questions and read the posts to gain some coping skills and knowledge on this condition. :)

Thanks, problem is i have a hard time getting my doctor to set up an appointment anywhere as she doesn't really believe anything i say. I have written my symptoms here and there and no one has any idea what it might be. It's pretty disencouraging to say the least :(

I might no have fibro, but seeing as my problems affects the same areas, perhaps some of the treatments might work?

Wow, that has to be scary to be experiencing something like that. I also know that it must be quite frustrating to not have a doctor to be able to tell you what is wrong with you, but also with helping you to feel better with the symptoms that you are dealing with.

I hope that you will take all of the new information that you have to your doctor and that will help them get on the right track with getting you properly diagnosed and treated.

Are you able to see another doctor who will refer you to someone who can investigate further?

One thing I love about Mexico is I can get whatever I want done, without needing someone else's permission. I can whatever blood test I want by walking into a laboratory. I love how I can keep an eye on things without having to have a requisition from a doctor.

You're having some weird symptoms that should be checked out. There has to be someone willing to understand that. Can't your physiotherapist write your doctor and let her know you definitely have something that needs further investigation? When I did physio, they always wrote my doctor about their thoughts.

I often get feelings like you describe but Fibro isn't the only thing that is going on with me. I don't know what causes what anymore.

Anyways, I hope you can find a solution to your issue soon.

Don't stop consulting doctors. Go to another one or research the best in the field. 1 or 2 doctors may have given up in helping you, but it does not mean that there is no solution to your case. Those 2 doctors may have just made some mistakes. It is not good to suffer like that for 2 years without you not really knowing anything.

Maybe you would like to consider going to another country and consulting with the best doctors there. What they don't know in your home country may have been researched in another place.

Stormen, welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you are having such a weird set of symptoms, but it really sounds to me like you should really go see a neurologist. I had a similar issue with my dreams, as well as the shock sensations you described (specially when I'm asleep and those sensations wake me up). I went to see several neurologist, but none knew what was wrong. I then went to see a neurosurgeon who really seemed to know what he was doing, fortunately or unfortunately my CT scan results were normal. But it seemed the neurosurgeon knew more than my neurologist.

I'd recommend you to see a neurosurgeon if possible, because to me most of your symptoms sound of a neurological nature. So try to go see a neurologist or neurosurgeon as soon as you can. Please keep us posted and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back