Not open for further replies.

Paul

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
In the past few weeks my symptoms have been getting worse. Today I have weakness and fatigue. I also have lower back pain which is normal for me. I have had some nausea and possibly acid reflux.my anxiety with this is through the roof and I wonder if some of my symptoms are caused by it.
in general you could say that I don't want to do anything. I just want to lie down, rest, and hope it goes away. my right wrist and arm has inflammation type pain .this condition has been getting worse over the past 3 years and I can no longer say that I have any good days. my fingers and toes have some degree of neuropathy ,maybe left over from my chemo treatments that ended in January of 2011. I feel that I meet many of the fibromyalgia symptoms but cannot directly determine the tender points that one is supposed to have. would welcome any comments about my possible fibro my algia and anxiety symptoms. Paul

Sounds like it could very well be fibro, CFS, or adrenal fatigue. I do think those things are related. Mind you I used to have Nausea everyday for like almost 2 years, and the cause of that was anxiety and fear. Once I addressed that worry, it disappeared within less than 2 weeks. So if you have a fear of something that bothers you everyday, sometime that you find yourself thinking and worrying about everyday. You should do what you can to address it.

Paul,
A few things to consider, since you mentioned your fingers and toes, it could be Raynauds Disease. And have you been checked for RA, or carpal tunnel syndrome. Do a web search for both and see if any of the symptoms match. Also IBS can cause digestive upsets and then of course fibro could be blamed for the rest.

Have you seen a Rheumatologist? This type of doctor could help diagnosis your conditions and offer you a plan of medications and pain reduction.
It is hard for us to truly say what might be wrong but feel free to read through the forum and gather more coping skills and friendly caring support. Wish you luck and better days ahead. :)

Paul, when I was reading your story all I could think of was my husband. He has all of the same symptoms as you do and your similarities go even further than that. He also went through chemotherapy but his ended in October of 2011. I've told him that he probably has fibro but he is having problems with his doctor working to get him properly diagnosed. His doctor has him on oxycodone and thinks that should take care of all of his problems, but it doesn't.

Paul, so sorry to hear you are going thru this and have no idea what is wrong! I really advice you to see a good rheumatologist soon, if possible please try to find a rheumatologist who specializes on fibro. Maybe you should also consider seeing a neurologist after that. By the way... have you ever seen a gastroenterologist? You should see one, feeling nauseous could be caused by either a neurological or stomach issue that could be fixed easily. Do you suffer from GERD?

One thing I don't have, with Raynauds, is neuropathy in my fingers. A more characterist sign of Raynauds would be bluing of the hands and toes. It only takes an instant for them to become frozen, too.

Did I read it on this forum or online that they're finding opiates have little effect of many people with Fibromyalgia? Something to do with the malfunctioning of our neurotransmitters makes them ineffective in a large number of us. That could be why the oxycodone isn't working for your husband, dorann.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back