Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Colorado
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 months ago when I went into the rheumatologist complaining of weakness and soreness in my arms and shoulders. My doctor did run blood tests which came back normal, and he did do a trigger point test...which were only slightly uncomfortable in the spots that he said were "positive." I was told at that point that I had fibro and was given tramadol and sent home. I now have pain in my shoulders, hips, upper arms, thighs and my right calf and restless leg syndrome most nights. I also have a numb patch on my right legs and a crawling sensation in my spine.

I don't have troubles sleeping, I don't have fibro fog, I have never been sensitive to the touch. The most accurate description that I have read of my symptoms was for PMR but I am only 22yrs old and have been told that it would be nearly impossible for me to have it.

I was recently prescribed Savella which has done nothing for my pain so far. I have an appt. with a new rheumy and a neurologist next month but I'm going crazy thinking about what it could be. Does this sound like fibro? Please help me :(

When I first was told I had fibro I told the Dr he was wrong . I to also didn't have the tender points. Well four years on I still don't but boy do I have fibro YES.our body's are all different, if your sleeping well be grateful ,fibro can be mild it can be painful or it can be so bad your bed ridden for days.now I don't say that to scare u ,I have three grown teens and a two year old .im still on my feet.you can have flares and feel like s... But u can get good days to. So just like any illness no one feels it the same way x

forrester26,
Hello and welcome to the forum. It seems that anyone complaining of muscle pain with normal blood work is considered to have fibro. But remember these doctors are going to be running more tests and if there is something else wrong with you it will show up sooner or later. There is no need to worry or fret about it as that only increases your anxiety levels and can lead to depression over your condition.

Now is the time to take some control of your health problems by learning all you can about different medications and relaxation methods, and ways that you can help yourself when speaking with your doctors. This forum can give you the mental tools you need to be an active partner with your medical doctors and manage your health problems one at a time.

Many of us have had similar muscle aches and pains and numbness, that comes and goes. Other weird symptoms may follow. By taking each one, each body part or section you can help remove fear and doubt from your mind and go forward with more understanding and knowledge. Begin by reading in the different sections of the forum and asking questions that target your pain. Other members will voice their opinions and help you build confidence in yourself as you being your healthcare journey. Next read other members posts and answer those where you feel you can be of some help to someone else. This way you are learning different coping skills and making new friends who truly understand the pain your having and will offer support and a shoulder to lean on when life gets you down.

By doing these things you will know more about fibro, and yet should another condition appear you will be ready to face it head on without so much fear and worry. I am glad you found this forum and I look forward to reading your posts and helping you as you gather ideas and hints, and coping skills to last a lifetime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back