Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
My son is 10 years old and was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease just over a year ago. His crohn's flared in December and since then he has developed several new and worrisome symptoms that have stumped his GI.

-moderate abdominal pain that is centered around his belly button. (this can also be a CD symptom but has never been one that R has experience before). This is always his number 1 complaint.

-stinging/numbness in his fingers
-aching joints and muscles
-burning in his toes and a feeling that they are blowing up but no visible swelling
-skin that is sensitive to touch
-daily headache
-moves around a lot in his sleep

BUT....and here's the kicker...I would not say that he suffers from anything more than mild fatigue. He had a series of iron infusions in Feb and that has definitely perked him up. Can you have fibromyalgia and not suffer from fatigue?

I don't think so. Fibromyalgia, to me anyway, is all about fatigue, the skin burning, and pain. He may have mild fibromyalgia or something else. :)

yes, as his sleep patterns change due to pain and tossing around when he sleeps the fatigue will begin to happen and get worse.
i was diagnosed and didnt get fatigue for many years after. have him on a set sleep schedule and in a dark room. i hope you learn lots from these post.
im sorry to hear he is so young with this.

These symptoms sound so familiar. I hope and I pray that your son doesn't have fibro in addition to his Crohn's dz. However in the beginning with all my accompanying syndromes I convinced myself that I didn't have my mother's dz, however in 2007 the pain kicked in and I had to face reality that I was facing the same dz and I had to learn to cope. In my situation I am the backbone support system, because my mother's fibro is way worse then mine and she is on disability. Fortunately for your son it sounds like you are the backbone support system in his life and he needs this regardless of his diagnosis and keep looking for answers and solutions to his problems. Most of the time you have to go through hell and lots of doctors before you find the right path. Working in the health field I will tell you, that the patients I see that have less Crohn's flairs are the ones who have very strict diets that are based off of diary logs and sometimes it can take a few years to really figure out those trigger foods. Please check out this site its a great place to start
getyourfullcourse. Do a web search for this website.

Link Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fibro for me is all pain. I don't get tired all the time. Only time will tell bless him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back