Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
Queensland
I am a 31 yea old female with over 10 years of pain. I am currently being treated for sacroiliac joint dysfunction by my Physiotherapist. I have suffered with this pain for at least 10 years but only recently diagnosed. I am also being refered to a Rheumatologist to investigate Seronegative arthritis, although all xray-bone scan-mri are clear bar early osteoarthritis in my knees,

Today i received some blood test which show my Vitamin D level is 52, my docter said it should be between 50 and 100 idealy at 70. Tomorrow I start a supplement. I asked what are the symptoms of low vit D which he said there were none. But after reading online it says muscle pain fatigue.

I am being checked for Fibromyalgia for very sore muscles and painful skin, chronic fatigue/brain fog. A general feeling of being unwell for over 4 years.
Could low vitamin D be a cause of sore muscles, weak feeling. just not feeling well, head aches.
I have had a brain scan which was also clear.

Vitamin D deficiency can cause benign leg pain. I've been taking supplements for low Vitamin D for over 6 months but I don't feel any benefit from it. Hopefully it'll make a difference to you though.

Fibromyalgia (fibro) normally cause pain in knees, back, neck, shoulder, abs which makes doctors normally think they have arthritis at first. Fibro also includes thyroid problems, digestive issues, fatigue, and random pain in many parts of the body. Another problem is if you do have arthritis, you could have fibro and the doctors are ignoring it because of your other medical conditions are more easily treatable.

I had all the scans done for all the deficiencies and scans for arthritis, but nothing showed up. Fibro is a process of elimination diagnosis. If they can't find anything wrong on the tests and yet your are experiencing all this pain that is when the doctors tend to diagnose you with fibromyalgia.

I would say try the Vitamin D supplements and if after a few weeks you aren't feeling better go back to your doctor. I took vitamins hoping that it would help my pain before I was diagnosed, but they did not help at all so I went to yet another doctor and eventually was diagnosed.

I hope this helps. Best of wishes

D3 is highly recommended , when I was taking just vitamins D it hardly notice anything different till I changed to D3 , as far as how much you'll need I guess you'll have to find out after taking it. But the first time I change to D3 I felt so happy and it was kinda like the good sun bathing high cause took a lot at first but it doesn't make any bad side effect even when I over did it a little ( I'm very sensitive to all side effect of any drugs or supplement use) . It also help strengthen your bone health saving my teeth from crumble further, and lots of other persistence pains were much more manageable than it was before I took it.

Thank you for the replies. I have started taking D3 supplement and sitting in the sun each day. I am not expecting any changes anytime soon. Although that would be great.
The fatigue is really affecting me at the moment. I am hoping to get into the Rheumatologist sometime soon just need to come up with the money first.
I have had a migraine on and off for a few days now which isn't helping how I feel.

The more I read about Fibro the more I think it really may be it. But I wouldnt say I have specific points of pain its more of an all over arching muscles, weak feeling, tender skin and scalp, dry eyes just to name a few.
I am also about to do an at home sleep study as the docter said waking up feeling so tired and sore can also be a sign of sleep apnea ( not getting enough oxygen over night) I am not thinking that it is that at all, but I will look into everything hoping to find an answer.
I would love to feel better even just for a day.

Just wanna add something , when I was taking D3 I've found another vitamin that tremendously help my painful joint and rebuild lots of my calcium lost along with my blood circulation helping my cramps and pains to become more manageable . It was the K2 vitamin. Fascinatingly they are now making fomular of D3&K2 together to combat a lot of many joints and bones problems. K2 was a good find for me cause I was suffering from unable to absorb many other vintamines and minerals. Which causing many deficiencies problem , I was a total mess. Try look up K2 online and see if it might be what you need cause sometime you need a catalyst to make it things work. Other vitamins that can be use as catalyst that seems to works with other fibro with deficiency problem also is vitamins C some are B6 and most doctor seem to check for B12 but surprisingly I never have that problem.

Last edited:
Vitamin deficiencies can have different effects on each individual. I lived with b-12 deficiency for a number of months where I actually felt quite great. The doctor was surprised how great I was feeling. Since then I take supplements and injections, and have not seen any improvement. I was quite disappointed about that, having read many stories about how great people felt after a course of injections.

Same with vitamin D. I am also on the lower end of recommendations and have thus been taking supplements these past 6 months. Again, no change or improvement in my fibro complaints. But then again, I believe almost all of my health problems can be blamed on fibro.

What does help is to also consider the real source of vitamin D - the sun. Make sure to take time out whenever the sun is shining and sit under the sun for 15-20 minutes with no SPF (less if you are allergic, like I am!, try to get your arms and legs in the sun). This time-out does me good. I also do some breathing exercises, close my eyes, imagine sitting on a beach on a tropical island and simply relax. A great escape....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back