Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
Uk
State
isle of wight
Hi.i am 31 years old. Have had constant pain all over my body for months,muscles aches and joints hurt.i wake up all stiff abd have pains in my feet.i am always tired and my sleep is very on and off.i am always tired and generally exhausted.

My hair has also started to fall out at times.i get pins and needles and numbness in my arms and legs too.

I went to gp who did some blood tests which came back all clear.they lut me on amitryptiline tableta but they didnt help at all. Im still in pain every day its unbearable. I went back to gp again and she went through all my symptoms and has said its possibly fibromyalgia. She has put me on duloxetine tablets 20mg twice a day to help control the pain.

Does this sound like fibro?

Any advice please.

You seem to have fibro symptoms,did you have one or several trigger events before your symptoms began?If the meds make you feel worse,then stop them and get informed on other choices.Everyone is different in how they respond,and to be honest,the choices are limited which might help you get relief,so keep exploring till something helps.I wish you luck!

I don't know about types of insurance in the UK but in the US you can get long term care insurance in case you need extra care when elderly. After I got my diagnosis of fibromyalgia I was turned down for this insurance. I have applied a number of times since and always been turned down due my FM diagnosis. So be very careful of an official diagnosis of FM. Find out how it will affect your ability to get different types of insurance.

I have the same problem with med insurance , now I have to living with out one.

But yeah... I keep telling people that it's best to assume that you have fibro problem right away as soon as the word fibro cames up from your doctor mouth , then start making all the arragment for the future need. Cause even if it turn out not to be fibro then there's no harms on having the best care for your self since all fibro problems can be easily apply to all your future illnesses and disorders .

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum sar85, I totally agree with Tipnatee N,
If you have been told you have Fibro, and all your tests are clear of any other possible reason for your health problems then for your own peace of mind accept it. Be thankful the doctor did not say you had a life threatening disease. A lot of diseases start with the same symptoms and many times the results are normal for years on end, so rest easy now and learn to care for each symptom that you have. Proper eating, proper exercise, getting enough sleep, relaxing more trying to avoid too much stress in your life, and not using products that could in danger your health or your life.

In the beginning all of us want that quick cure so we can get back in the game of life, but many times it may have been brought on from being the best we could be without allowing ourselves more down time. In my case I was good at my job and took on far more then I could handle and when I started having some problems I looked for some serious illness and spent lots of money wanting answers that just were not there. I was told I needed to exercise more and I was just depressed. So I got more active thinking it was all my fault. I did more instead of less and ended up losing everything that was most important to me.

The best you can do is learn about each symptom and do things to ease those symptoms, like asking questions and sharing your knowledge with the rest of us. Read what we say and pick what will work for you and try it. Tell us what worked and what did not. Every symptom has a comfort zone. What you do might not cure it but it might make it bearable. Share that here. We want to hear what you have to say. :)

Dear 1sweed

It felt like a spear poke through my heart when I read about the same experiences that you went through. I can't begin to calculated how much exactly had I spent through it all . I could have bought an appartment in NY instead of became a homeless person. Sadly most effort were all so wasted with non-sense stuff and unhelpful treatments not just money but also my mental health that gone down along with it. Exercise depression , that I still have . Not that I'm giving up yet . Even when I lost everything at first , along the way I did gain some other things different.

And one of those thing is here.

So hopefully sar85 you'll have a meaningful time here as well as mine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back