Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uk
State
Cumbria
Hi! I hope you are all well, I just need abit of advice and help before I go to the dr.
For years (at least 10) I have had pain, painful big knots, tightness, throbbing in my neck and shoulders, I get really bad headaches, sensitivity to light, weakness and vomiting. It isn’t constant but I get a bad day at least twice a week. On my ok days I still feel abit stiff and tight. There is no pattern to it so can’t figure out why. Iv been to physio, acupuncture, chiropractor, massages had mri scan which came back clear. It doesn’t matter what I do nothing helps. Painkillers and heat don’t help. I have only just discovered about Fibromyalgia so need abit of advise on weather it sounds like I have it or not. Whenever I have been to the doctor they say oh it’s just your muscle, you are fine and it makes me feel so silly or that it’s in my head but there is clearly something wrong. So I am abit reluctant to go back without being armed with more information.

Fibromyalgia manifests in so many different ways that it would be impossible for a Doctor to diagnose you thru the internet much less us. Sorry for that but it the truth.

Skeeter is right..fibro also usually is present in all 4 quadrants of the body. It could be it is just the muscles around your neck and shoulders but you could ask to see a rheumy for a full evaluation. Good luck

Only a doctor can answer that question for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back