vida_llevares

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PHL
State
Central Visayas
Hi.

What lifestyle changes did you take after you have been diagnosed of fibromyalgia?:(

Vida iIdo not have fibro but another auto-immune disease. Lots of my symptoms are the same as those of fibro.

Here are some of the lifestyle changes I made.
1. I drink a lot less alcohol.
2. I cook most of my food myself. Take out and restaurant food tends to increase the severity of my IBS.
3. I am at home a lot more. Going out are stressful. Stress is a pain and IBS trigger. (malls seems to be the worst)
4. I started an exercise program
5. I go for therapy sessions regularly
6. I try to avoid stressful situations.
7. I got someone in to help me with the household and children.
8 I create some me time for myself.
9. I do not keep everything inside anymore. If I feel like ranting I rant.
10. I started some hobbies, to take my mind off of things

These are what works for me, your changes might be different.

Last edited:
I've actually slowed down quite a bit. I used to work for Habitat for Humanity now I spend most of my time online. I also used to read a lot of books now I don't read as much except for online.

Gave up working outside my home.

Moved to a different State

Lost my huband, so I am on my own.

Avoid stress as much as possible.

Live a simple life

Take time to relax and enjoy myself

Cook more at home and eat organic foods.

Walk for exercise

Drive to get groceries and other items.

Take care of my mother.

Try my best to be happy.

Volunteer to help others.

Had to stop doing physically demanding jobs, carrying bags of cement or pulling out Ford gearboxes had to stop.
Had to learn to just sit and do nothing but relax, that one was harder than I thought it would be.
As much as I really hate cooking I do most of my own food. At least I know what's in it then
Coke cola is not a necessity.. only an occasional treat. Even though it seems to help my IBS days(I meant to tell you that Yatte )
allow and even ask other people for help. To me that was very hard. I think I saw it as belittling myself.
Afternoon naps when needed (if I'm not at work though I have taken a quick five mins in the car on a bad day)
Do my best to avoid stress.
Laugh whenever possibly even if it makes you seem nuts.

I'm less active.
I'm more picky about what social functions I go to.
I drink less alcohol.
I'm less patient with social drama.
I'm more introspective, and think far more about the way things effect me.
I sleep WAAAAY more.
I'm getting better about forgiving myself for not meeting over-ambitious goals.
I set lower goals (lol)
I actually set goals so I can measure my productivity. This helps me stay positive.
I let my apartment get a little more messy, and I'm OK with it (that took awhile to get used to)
I never wear heels or complicated garments anymore.
I'm more forgiving about wearing mismatched undies. Sometimes I have to wear my "granny" bras, and I'm ok with it.
I am far less patient with some things, such as dishes that won't come clean, or stains that won't come out.
I am getting better at asking for help.
I am far more compassionate about other people's suffering.
I tend to skip the political news now, and shoot straight to the health section.
I spend a lot more time reading health studies.
I play less video games and more board/table games. (Not sure if this is fibro related, though)
I tend to check out nutritional info more on food now, and am more aware of what I eat.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Had to stop doing physically demanding jobs, carrying bags of cement or pulling out Ford gearboxes had to stop.
Had to learn to just sit and do nothing but relax, that one was harder than I thought it would be.
As much as I really hate cooking I do most of my own food. At least I know what's in it then
Coke cola is not a necessity.. only an occasional treat. Even though it seems to help my IBS days(I meant to tell you that Yatte )
allow and even ask other people for help. To me that was very hard. I think I saw it as belittling myself.
Afternoon naps when needed (if I'm not at work though I have taken a quick five mins in the car on a bad day)
Do my best to avoid stress.
Laugh whenever possibly even if it makes you seem nuts.

Thank you for mentioning the coke and IBS. This is something that works for me too. And it went out of my head as well, Though I try to limit my coke intake as well, all that sugar are just not good, and it keeps me awake.

I am glad to see I am not the only person to make lifestyle changes.

We had a lovely weekend and went fishing, on a spot I can go to with enough toilets to cover a whole family. I had such fun and it made my moods a lot better, meaning everything feels better.

After this fun weekend I made a decision to get out more with my family, and do some fun things in a safe environment. It did me real good, so I will continue doing it. It is good for my family to get out as well. We sometimes forget to consider those around us, and seem to focus so much on our problems that everybody else gets left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back