Not open for further replies.

Jowjo5

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Nh
I have been reading a lot of info lately and have recently seen many folks talking about depression symptoms the same as Fibro.

How closely is that diagnosis? Is it often mistaken for either one? Or is it part of the diagnosis for Fibro?

I know someone who has recently been diagnosed and this is interesting to me that they are so closely related.

Is this common? Or did I just happen to read something that was a small part of this diagnosis.

Jowio,
While they are two different illnesses, fibromyalgia can cause depression, but I do not think depression can cause fibro. Doctor's on both ends of the isle have to work to figure out which one it is. Many diseases start with the same symptoms.

If we try to self-diagnosis by looking in medical books we will end up thinking that the worse illness is ours. It is said that medical students often come down with symptoms of different diseases just by having to study about them.

So the mental disease needs to be examined by a different doctor, than the muscle disorder. I put a list up of the signs of depression, if any apply then talk to someone about how your feeling. Your pastor or your doctor, or a therapist in mental health or a good friend.

I have Fibromyalgia but not depression.. I have had anxiety all my life, but never depression, which I'm very grateful for. So while depression and fibro can often go together, they don't always. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back