sportsdan

Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
Oregon
Hello,
I'm having severe itching and skin irritations. Any suggestions for body soap, shampoo, laundry detergents? I've been dealing with this for years and even when I try products for sensitive skin and the sort, it never works. Help! I can't stop itching!

Sportsdan,
I have this problem as well and I started using Goldbond deep moisture body wash with Aloe, and vitamin A,C, & E, in shower and tub bathing. I also use vitamin E oil on the sore spots. I also mist the dry or sore areas of my skin with colloidal silver, it stops the itching. It is found in health food stores and also helps prevent infections. I use deep moisture lotions and take vitamin D, which is good for skin problems. And in bathing use epson salts in warm tub bath water and add a bit of bath oil to the water as well. For shampoo I use suave shampoos and conditioners.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll give them a try and let you know how they worked out. Have a great week.

I have very dry skin as well. It seems to be worse in the winter time. I use Olay body ribbons bath moisturizers. It is like puting a layer of silky cream over your body and they smell amazing. I also would stay away from dial soap just in case you do use it. It dries out your skin very bad. Nivea hand and body lotion works well for after the bath. And also this is very greasy stuff but it works wonders, try bag balm. It comes in a green tin, it can be expensive but it is worth it.

I have had itchy skin for some time now,many on the head but as I need b12 injections every 3 months or so I am not sure if using any thing with added vitamins will help

Hello,
I'm having severe itching and skin irritations. Any suggestions for body soap, shampoo, laundry detergents? I've been dealing with this for years and even when I try products for sensitive skin and the sort, it never works. Help! I can't stop itching!

Gentle oatmeal soaps are good. So is soaking in a bath with colloidal oatmeal. Many oatmeal lotions have too much perfume, but Aveeno is okay but pricey. Vaseline helps though some people can't stand the greasiness. Hydro-cortisone used sparingly along with the Vaseline, combined with the oatmeal treatments should knock it out eventually. Just make sure to put on your creams while your skin is still damp and then pat dry to seal in the moisture.

I love oatmeal baths! You can make your own colloidal oatmeal at home. You just have to buy rolled (NOT INSTANT) oats. I think I buy it for around 69 cents a pound at the health food store in the bulk section. Run it through a food processor or, if you only need a small amount at a time you can pop it into a coffee grinder to get about 1/2 cup. Grind it as fine as you can and voila!

I just posted a new thread on electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome, I think you should check it out, as one of the main symptoms involves itchy skin, rashes. In fact most of the symptoms associated with Fibro are similar with EHS. Check out the article with Velma, at the bottom. Investigate this, where you are when you have symptoms, etc. You might just have EHS.

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Woman Allergic to Modern Technology Is Forced to Live in Faraday Cage | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Hello,

This is not normal- did you try seeing a dermatologist? It can simple urticaria or something more. Or it can also be due to seasonal allergies. I advise you not to try any products until checked out by a doc...

What you may have might be eczema. I have it on my leg and it is hard to get rid of. It causes dry itchy skin and the skin gets irritated at the least little thing. Even stress can cause a flare. I forgot to tell you to use detergents with no perfume or scent. And yes, it might be caused my allergies, so if you try a new product test it first before using it all over. The products I use and mentioned above help skin and do not hurt. Some people have told me to try coconut oil or tree oil, on the skin that is a bit raw. But for now the vitamin E oil has made my skin look healthier than it has been for a longtime. Also if it is eczema there is no cure for it. The doctor's give out many steriod creams, but none have worked for me yet.
Let me know how things go for you sportsdan. :)

What you may have might be eczema. I have it on my leg and it is hard to get rid of. It causes dry itchy skin and the skin gets irritated at the least little thing. Even stress can cause a flare. I forgot to tell you to use detergents with no perfume or scent. And yes, it might be caused my allergies, so if you try a new product test it first before using it all over. The products I use and mentioned above help skin and do not hurt. Some people have told me to try coconut oil or tree oil, on the skin that is a bit raw. But for now the vitamin E oil has made my skin look healthier than it has been for a longtime. Also if it is eczema there is no cure for it. The doctor's give out many steriod creams, but none have worked for me yet.
Let me know how things go for you sportsdan. :)

Hi, I was diagnosed with eczema too, 2 years ago. I had a rash developing on my back and close to my armpits. However, the rash disappeared after constant use of steroids cream. The doctor told me not to take too many hot showers and use creams with no perfumes as well. The rash went away 2 weeks after I applied steroidal creams. I have read online too that eczema never goes away but till now I never got any flares.Maybe you should used your steroidal cream more often and do let me know how it works out for you :)

I've had it checked by my primary physician and she told me to apply lotion while still wet out of the shower. There is no rash, just dry skin and severe itching which causes me to scratch until raw. I've done that and tried numerous products. I'm going to try a few of your suggestions and see what happens. I'll keep you updated. Thank you all again for your help.

Just to let you know I used the steroid cream as directed by the doctor. Some did nothing but make it worse, and others caused allergic reactions, as in my leg swelled up and the skin started peeling off in layers. I have tried over 10 different steriod creams in the last three years and nothing has worked as good as the vitamin E oil. Some people heal up quick and easy and for others it takes a while to get the skin rash under control.

I'll probably try the vitamin E oil first and hope that works well enough to take care of the problem. Thank you again for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back