Not open for further replies.

rhonda72

Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
FL
Hi everyone. My pain is worse when I'm worried or depressed. The part of the body that is the most severe is my neck, high up on the back and sides of my skull. It gets so bad I have to go to the ER and get a morphine shot. That is not very often but several times a year. Otherwise I take Tramadol daily. Not sure what to ask or discuss. HHMM...

Hello and welcome! You already made a first step by sharing this with us. Try not to let everything get to you and do something you enjoy doing so you won't feel depressed. Also share what ou are going through with people who understand, you can find a lot of them here.

Hello....My neck is the most severe as well. I can barely turn it. I take tramadol daily as well, along with aleve. Combination of meds does help me sleep though!

Hello.....I'm new here. I wanted to respond by saying I've found that any stress (depression, worry, anxiety) makes my pain worse. When I was teaching school, I had a lot of stress everyday, and my neck/shoulders hurt me the worst.

I was wondering if you're on any meds for your depression and anxiety. When I started taking an SSRI antidepressant, that helped me so much with my mood and worrying. It just helps you cope better. It also helps with sleep and pain to a certain extent. Perhaps you might discuss this with your doctor. I've found that I need to treat each of my individual fibro symptoms with different meds, and an SSRI is first on my list! Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back