noonoo

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
MA
Hi all,

Forgive me if this has already been addressed -- I looked around but am so foggy and tired today I didn't put much effort into it.

Has anyone else been found to have elevated cortisol, and if so, do you feel that is related to your Fibro symptoms? I am waiting on the results of a third blood test, which my PCP says will either confirm her suspicion that prolonged and severe stress in my life (parenting a severely mentally ill child) has caused both my FMS symptoms and the elevated cortisol, or will indicate Cushing's Syndrome. But I do not have any of the physical characteristics of Cushing's -- extreme weight gain, hirsutism, moon face, fat pads, etc. All of my FMS symptoms do resemble the systemic types of Cushing's symptoms though.

Just wondering what people know, or just think, about cortisol levels and FMS.

I am finding that my symptoms vary from day-to-day. Today I am so unbelievably fatigued after a quick trip to CVS and the grocery that I can barely keep my eyes open. I have been quite tired before, even after minor activity, but never like this. It is kind of scaring me. I've also been having serious headaches for the first time in my life since last Friday, which was our first visit with our son since he started a residential school program a month ago. I was stressed and anxious about it but it really went well, and he is doing better than ever -- but as soon as we got home I developed a terrible migraine, which has not completely gone away since. Today it's ramping up again, along with pain everywhere else.

I just realized how rambling this post is. Sorry! That's how my brain is working, or NOT working, today. I guess what I really want is to hear I am not alone in these challenges -- and/or advice about how to deal with them.

Thanks everyone, for listening.

Hi,
I hope today is a good day for you. I have had FM/CFS for over 10 years and my migraines came on very early. They can last days or weeks and drain even more energy from you. If you can find a med that will help, I had to test out many, it's worth it. I finally found Immitrex which is the only one that works for me but its pretty strong on the body.

Good Luck,
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back