Sharon1967

Diagnosis
26/2013
Country
BT
State
norther ireland
can you claim dla if you have fibromyalgia:wink:

Hope I understand your question. are you asking about disability? You can file for SSD or SSI, if you have fibro. Once you are approved there are lots of rules that restrict your ability to do most any type of work without notifing the SSD office and filling out more forms, and watching the income you make so you do not go over a certain amount and thus loose the disability payments.

Why did I tell you that? To let you know that disability payments are figured by what you have paid into the system and if you have enough work credits on your record that alows you to even get disability. If you do not have enough credits for SSD, then depending on your household income you may qualifty for SSI instead.

I am on SSD and I had enough work credits to apply for disability, but I did not qualifity for SSI, so my income is very low. What I am trying to say is the longer you can work the better income you will get. There are lots of jobs that can be done at home, and provide you with a good income. Read day 7 of my blog, to get some ideas on places to look for work. I know lots of you are very bad off, but if you can still use a phone and hear well there are lots of telemarking jobs out there that can be done from home and you can set your own hours to work.

If your brain fog is bad then fibro has become a real disorder in the eyes of SSD and it is worth applying and maybe you will get lucky in applying for disability. :)

You very much try to obtain Disability for Fibro. There is no guarantee you will be approved. But I know several people who do receive disability. You need to be able to show the disability prevents you from being able to obtain and maintain gainful employment.

thku so much for getting back to me, most helpful, can you tell me does kidney problems go along side fibromyalgia,

I have had severe pain in the area of my kidneys that seemed to slow down the flow of urine making me think I had a urinary infection or kidney stones, or a kidney infection, but when the tests were run everything came back normal. So it was only pain caused by fibro in my case, but each of us are different.

When problems accure it is always good to be checked because we can have other non-related health problems along with fibro. If tests are run and something else is found it can be a new health problem has begun. I hope you are getting treatment and that you feel better soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back