Not open for further replies.

TinaL

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
CA
State
BC
I seem to be really sensitive to pain lately. Last night I was using a set of tongs to serve corn at dinner and I pinched my finger, usually no big deal I have done this lots of times. But, the pain was so intense it took my breath away and it felt like an electrical shock ran up my arm, down my side all the way to my toe. Anyone else feel this sensitive or am I just weird?

Tinal,
First off your not weird, at least no more than the rest of us. They say that fibro messes with the nerves and muscles. So pinching your finger can send a message to your brain that confuses it into thinking it is worse than it is. I used to have such odd things going on that I was afraid to mention them to anyone. Weird pain for no reason.

What I am trying to say is fibro is the weird one and it mixes up the connections so that everything is confused. It can mimic MS & ALS, to a point you think you have those diseases and then when you finally get scared enough to go see a doctor it all stops, for a while, then moves on to cause severe pain or electric shocks, or unusual tingling some place else.

I wish doctor's had a better take on what causes it and how to make it go away. It seems more and more people are developing it and no cure is a real bummer. I hope this helps in some small way. If any symptom hangs around for a longtime be sure to get it checked out because a lot of us forget that just because we have fibro, does not mean we can't develop other health problems.

Sensitivity to pain has been talked about in many questions. Usually it involves not being able to stand being touched or getting close with others. If it causes you to much grief try using aspercreame which can help numb extra sensitive areas. :)

I seem to be really sensitive to pain lately. Last night I was using a set of tongs to serve corn at dinner and I pinched my finger, usually no big deal I have done this lots of times. But, the pain was so intense it took my breath away and it felt like an electrical shock ran up my arm, down my side all the way to my toe. Anyone else feel this sensitive or am I just weird?

New sensitivities develop all the time, with or without the added sensitivities associated with fibromyalgia. It sounds like you found the end of a nerve rarely subjected to pressure, much like the humerus in the elbow region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back