Not open for further replies.

TinaL

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
CA
State
BC
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about my newest dilemma? For two days I have been having abdominal pains off and on well yesterday they were so bad I couldn't move or breath. Hubby got freaked out took me to the ER. Dr at ER did blood/urine work up gave me Dilaudid (sorry about spelling) then 3 hours later gave me another pain med, Domperidol or something like that,not exactly sure. (I am allergic to morphine/coedine/demerol)
Abdomen was still hurting and they sent me home with a couple oxy.

Right from the moment the Dr entered my room he was freaking out about how many cat scans I have had lately and how the radiation from each one is equivalent to 700 chest xrays and how all that exposure could lead to cancer down the road.

Now my dilemma: He has ordered a cat scan for today. The hospital is going to phone this morning and let me know when to come in. My abdomen is a little sore and I am nauseated but I am thinking maybe I should skip the cat scan and chalk it all up to a Fibro flare.

Sorry about being long winded but if anyone reads all this and has any advice I would be grateful. Thank you, Tina

That is a tough one. I do not know if I would advise having the Cat Scan or not. It could be related to Fibro. I have this problem. And I know many others who have related bowel and such problems that cause such symptoms. But it could be something else. Maybe your primary care doctor can help you rule out other causes without a CT?

I went for the scan, hubby thought it would be better than not knowing. Have appt with pcd on Friday and will talk to her about everything.

The scan report said my cecum is "redundant" which my Dr explained as it is flat/floppy and just hanging there not working. When I got home I thought about this and realized this is probably why my IBS-C is flaring up and why I was having abdominal pain. Apparently the cecum is not vital, it's like an appendix, but if it's not working then digestion will be slower.

Do you take Cymbalta? It was a wonderdrug for me for the first few months and then I started having really bad stomach pains. Ended up in the hospital twice with bad stomach pains. I hope they get to the bottom of it!

I only take Baclofen and Tramadol as needed, no other meds. Will have to go to my gastro and ask why it shows my cecum as redundant when all other scans never showed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back