kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Do you all have trouble sleeping aside from when you are in pain? I do not sleep well or much at all. It is like this even when I am feeling semi decent. i just cannot seem to get much sleep or to stay asleep for long periods of time.

I used to but then my Rheumatologist gave me a prescription for flexeril. I take it every night with a lorazepam and I'm out in ten minutes and don't wake until my alarm goes off. It's a wonderful little pill. =)

This is one of the most common symptoms of fibromyalgia. I think most of us need to take something to get a decent night's sleep. Sleeping is so important, as that's the time when our muscles are healing themselves. I take an antidepressant, which helps some with sleep. I also take a muscle relaxer and half a Xanax at night. I would suggest you talk to your doctor about something to help you. This is so very important.

Good luck!

I also recommend talking Melatonin to help you sleep. Worked for me! Melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland in the brain, so its natural for your body. It helps regulate other hormones and maintains the body's circadian rhythm.

You don't need a prescription for it because its over-the-counter. I recommend starting with 1.5 mgs. (I cut a 3mg pill in half). I started taking this dosage about 6 months ago and still haven't had to increase the dosage, although eventually I might need to.

Hope you find sleep and relief!

I also take flexeril and lorazapam at bed time along with benydril. They help once i am asleep but they do not make me fall asleep. My sleep pattern is so messed up. i am currently falling alseep between 4:30am and 6am. Getting up anytime from 11 am till usually around 4pm. I'm morfing into a vampire! If i get up at 11 i for sure take a long nap. I tried melatonin but didn't keep with it. Doctors and family say i just need to reset my internal clock. yea ok. like i havent tried everything. like i want to either sleep all day or lay in bed for 4 hours not falling asleep. I know i have poor habits like eating chocolate in bed or leaving the tv on but i know me and i have to do what makes me at ease. A shot of vodka or glass of wine helps but doctors don't want to hear that if you also take meds.
I recomend making this priority 1. If you can't get enough sleep, your whole life is affected. This is what ultimatly did me in i believe; years of poor sleep. I am sure you will find something that will help but it may take a while or may not last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back