Not open for further replies.

thupp06

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
Does anybody else deal with insomnia? I'm so tired of being tired! I'm also wore out and ready for bed but when it comes to going to sleep it feels like an impossible task to accomplish. I am almost always up until 2 or 3 AM sometimes even later and then I have to be up at 6:30 to get my girls ready for school. After they leave I lay down and sleep without a problem, but I cannot get myself to sleep at nighttime when I should be. Any suggestions?

Try to get yourself into a daily routine.Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, even on the weekends, and don't take a nap during the day. Avoid all sodas and caffeine if possible. Take a walk or do easy stretching daily. Do something relaxing such as a hot bath or read a book. Avoid eating sugary or salty foods before bed. Put a pad of paper on your nightstand so that you can write down things that you need to remember for the next day. Take Vitamin B-12 because it is calming. Normally, people with Fibro can fall asleep easily, but don't stay asleep long and are awake . My Dr. gave me a muscle relaxer, but told me to only take it on my bad days to help with the sleep. I'm not on any other medications. When I was pregnant, the insomnia was at it's worst. I took Unisom. It's very safe, but I wouldn't recommend mixing medications without speaking to your doctor.

When i was working, i couldn't get to sleep before 2am and had to be up at 8 to work till 5:30 and come home to be a mom. I fell asleep at the dinner table at least twice a week. I feel that in doing this for so long, was a major player in my downward spiral. Now that i am not working and have absolutly no structure, i'm up till 4 or 5 am. getting up anywhere from 1-4pm. or even getting up just go go sleep on the couch. i used to say i couldn't get to sleep at night because i didn't want to face the next day. and that i couldn't wake early because i didn't want to face the day. I take ativan, flexeril, and benydril to get to sleep. It helps once i'm asleep but doesn't make me fall asleep. I agree with what ahteach said; but easier said than done.

I have insomnia occasionally. It is usually in the summer months when it is hot. A lot of times it is hard to find a comfortable sleeping position where I feel no pain. That is my biggest struggle in getting to sleep. I haven't reached the point where I want to try sleeping pills but I think I would consider it eventually. Does anyone have a water bed? That's what I am considering at the moment though it is very hard to find a retailer that sells waterbeds.

I suffer from insomnia too. Usually it is worse when I am stressed out about something, or as rollinloud stated in to much pain to have a comfortable side to sleep on. My doctor gave me a script for Ambien 5mg, that I take when nothing else is working. What I hate the most is getting off to a good nights sleep and having something wake me up in the night, and then not being able to get back to sleep. It's usually to late to take my sleeping pill, but to early in the morning to get up. Needless to say my whole day is just about shot as I drag through it half-asleep. lol

Those of you who take Vitamin B-12, what mg do you use?

As far as waterbeds go, I wouldn't bother. For some people they love them, but I found it to be still too hard for my body. That is when I first bought a fiber cotton thick sleeping pad. It made all the difference. With the waterbed, I was always stuck in the hole (side of bed), and had a hard time getting off the bed. With a regular bed you have more leverage in getting up and out, and the thick pad provides a nice soft yet supportive pad to rest your weary bones. It is a personal choice.

Does anybody else deal with insomnia? I'm so tired of being tired! I'm also wore out and ready for bed but when it comes to going to sleep it feels like an impossible task to accomplish. I am almost always up until 2 or 3 AM sometimes even later and then I have to be up at 6:30 to get my girls ready for school. After they leave I lay down and sleep without a problem, but I cannot get myself to sleep at nighttime when I should be. Any suggestions?

Have you tried taking melatonin pills? You might have somje troubles producing that natural hormone, which isn't weird at all, specially if you are the kind of person who spends a lot time in front a computer! I tried melatonin some months ago, but to be honest the results were very modest, right now I'm using a really good vitamin B complex. It used to take me 2 or 3 hours to finally fall asleep everynight, but now... I fall asleep almost as soon as I hit the pillow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back