DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
state
Hello,
This is my first time here. I have just registered. I feel the need to vent. Anyone I talk to gives me advice. Right now I just want someone to listen. I don't want pity. I don't want sadness, just a listening ear.
Sometimes it seems like I may be lazy or that I give up. I am having such a hard time right now. I want to cry but it is to no avail. I want to be more active, yet the challenge feels like doom heading my way. I want to explore the world, yet walking two blocks in this weather frightens me. The anticipation of the increase in pain is frighting. And yet another snow storm is heading my way. I wish I could say I feel strong, but I don't really. I feel determined to live my life, but strong? Not that much. I feel discouraged for my lack of kicking fibro's butt the way I used to. Now it scares me so much. I used to travel far with my fibro and now I am scared. I wish I could be that girl again who is so determined to live her life no matter how sick she may be. I wish I could tap into that fire I used to have, that fire that had me much more active than I am now.
Lately, I have been feeling tired of pushing so hard and so much. That fire became much smaller. I want it back, because that fire gives me more of a life than I have right now.
That is all I have to say for now. Writing feels good.
Tootles.

Hi Misspunky! Welcome to the forum! I hope you feel like at home over here, we are a really understanding and close community with very caring and kind members that are always willing to help fellow members, whether it is with some advice or lending a listening ear :)

Having a forum like this to write about your experiences with fibro and venting from time to time is great, I often do that and I always get an answer to my questions :) There are some really helpful members in this community. I'm sure you will find a lot answers to your questions and a couple of tips on how to cope with this.

Best of luck!

Hi MissSpunky (love that name!) Welcome to the forum. If you start going back through the threads in the different sections, I hope you'll find all kinds of information that will help you to cope and hopefully give some relief, too.

I know how annoying unsolicited advice can be... I have learned, though, that most of those people truly are trying to help in the best way they know how. You're right, and sometimes having someone to listen is the very best thing of all.

Please feel free to talk all you want here... you'll find a *lot* of ears just waiting to listen. :)

MissSpunky,
We hear you and we are listening. Welcome to the forum. I hope you feel much better having vented. :)

Welcome to you, Miss Spunky! I know what you mean about wanting to be more active and also wanting your old self back. I feel the same way. I I find that I kind of go in cycles with that. Sometimes I think I'm accepting my changed life better than others. Then the negative feelings will come back again. It's definitely a challenge and a journey. But we understand, and we're here to listen.

Take care,
Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back