Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
Does any one else have flare ups on a schedule?

It seems that I wake up every morning stiff and achy but after an hour or so of moving around, that dissipates and I feel almost normal. Around 2 or 3 in the afternoon I start to feel achy again. Every part of my body feels inflamed. This is usually when I run for the pain killers. The pain is so bad that if I could lie still I'd be in the fetal position, but the pain won't let me keep still. This lasts for several hours or into the early evening when it starts to dissipate again.

There are days when I'm spared this ritual but for the past month or so it feels like it happens at least 60 percent of the time. I tried watching to see if it's something I eat that triggers it, but I can't really see any pattern.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas as to why this happens this way?

Hopefully

The joy of fibro. Sorry to hear that you are hurting so much. I get flare ups on a fairly regular basis. Have you tried laying under an electric blanket? I try to stay as holistic as reasonable and find light exercise can be helpful as long as you listen to your body. Hope this helps you.

Every day at 12:30 or so. I take my meds at 6:30 a.m., and they've worn off by lunch. The rest of the day the meds don't really help that much, so I'm in flare until I wake up the next morning. Sleep and morning meds then can calm things down. Until 12:30, when the daily flare starts again.

Everything seems to go downhill after the noon, sometimes earlier. To be honest I no longer pay a lot attention to that... my stupid IBS is acting up really badly these days is so hard to tell what annoys me more. It's really tough knowing I'll be sitting in a plane for 8 long hours... my trip will be a full day long. I don't think my knees will make it...! They don't have schedule, but my knees don't like to be in the same position for too long. No swelling or anything, just a horrible pain :(

I am at my worse around 3:00. I try to nap and when I wake I feel worse then before until I take Tylenol arthritis Advil or Ibuprofen then around 7/8 the edge is gone until the next day.
But the last few weeks I have been in a constant flare. I'm going to my dr Monday.

You guys ever wonder we we flare on a schedule?im just the curious kind. I can't help thinking that there's something I'm doing, eating, drinking, maybe even thinking, who knows, that is causing me to flare at that time. If I knew what it was I'd stop doing it and avoid flare ups. Right? Yea ok! I'm dreaming. I know.
But really there must be a cause, trigger or something even if it's just internal. Some level of something must get too high or too low. That's why I say there not nearly enough research done. I don't want to start my rant again, but you know what I'm talking about!

Hopefully, in my case I think it's a question of how many "good" hours per day my fibro allows. Since I get up at the same time every morning and take my meds at the same time every morning, I think my 12:30 crash is a function of it being six hours since I got up and took my meds. Apparently, my fibro only lets me have six hours a day of relative functioning. After that, it's pure will-power (and the need for a paycheck and the desire to be a good mom) that gets me through the rest of the day.

On Saturdays I don't have the 12:30 crash. I sleep in as late as I can, and then I stay in my PJs if at all possible.

At this rate we only get half our lives to live/function normally. But no one takes always half of our responsibilities.

I am not sure if I experience pain on a schedule or not. Pain has simply become a part of my life. I think because, I'm in pain so often I don't notice when I'm not in pain. However, I do notice when my pain has gotten significantly worse. I find that whatever body part hurts more is what hurts that day. If my knee hurts more than, say, my back, it's my knee that is sore that day. If something hurts significantly more than something else, I'll "forget" about the less significant pain and end up doing something that makes the less significant pain hurt more. It's a never ending cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back