Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
US
State
Nv
I have found a weighted blanket that I have read can help. Has anyone used one? If so do you think it's a good thing to purchase? I can get a twin size 15 lb for 140.00. I have my son lay on me and it helps, but I do get hot fast so I'm not sure if I should spend this kind of money.

Justamom,
I am not sure that is a good idea. I have found that things that are heavy on me acually make my muscles ache more. With this colder weather I have needed to add more blankets on my bed and my legs ache terribly from the added weight. I have never heard of using a weighted blanket for anything in regards to fibro.

Maybe someone else knows more on this subject.

There is no way I would be able to handle a 15 lb blanket on me. I can't stand my sheets on top of me sometimes. Man, sometimes my clothes bother me. Wow, I cringe at the thought of something heavy on top of me. The only type of 'weight' on me that I enjoy is when my stomach hurts. The pressure eases the pain. The most I can do for that, though, is lay on my stomach. Some nights, I wish I could sleep on my stomach. It feels so good on the belly, but it hurts about every other part of my body.

How is a weighted blanket supposed to help?

Thank you for your input 1sweed and livetoErr. I'm glad to have it. I found a website about it helping patients with fibro. So I was wondering if anyone had tried. I'm not going to do it.

Hi Justamom,

I have DREAMT of having a weighted blanket- not only for me, but one for my Autistic son. There are nights when just a sheet is too heavy for my feet and the pain is horrid, but most nights I could use a weighted blanket. Sometimes I put a heavy feather pillow on my torso as I try to fall asleep. Perhaps it is the part of me which is ADHD/anxiety disorder and is always thinking & has a song running in the background of my mind. Somehow, having that extra weight has always seemed to calm me down. That tingling and shooting pain somehow seems to quiet down a little bit when I have more weight...

I have been reading that deep pressure touch stimulation (DPTS) which has been proven useful with Autistic children is also starting to be proven helpful with anxiety, pain and many other disorder.

Good luck!

I found a lady on eBay that makes them. Check there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back