Not open for further replies.

Gerbentrelle

Diagnosis
12/2011
Country
US
State
IL/IA
What is your view on the flu shot as someone with fibro/CF? I am supposed to start work at the hospital and they are hassling me about getting the shot but I have heard mixed answers about the risks of getting it while struggling with fibro. I'd love to hear from people on both sides.

I have gotten one this year and last year. I'm also in the medical field. I have had fine results and I haven't had the flu. Only colds and sinus problems. Thank goodness. Many of my coworkers have had the flu. So I'm glad I had the shot.

This year was the first year in about 5 years that I haven't gotten one. My doctor always said I would be far worse off if I didn't one. I always got them free because that's what they did for people with a compromised immune system. This year I just never found the time to go get one. It kind of scares me though. I was vaccinated for H1N1 when it first hit Canada. Now it's back and I have no idea if I'm covered.

I caught something last weekend. I have no idea if it was a 24 hour stomach bug or another issue. I thought it was my gallbladder but I was sick Saturday, a friend was sick Monday, another friend was sick yesterday and her husband is sick today. We've all been in contact with each other over the week so, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back