DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
Hi All,

Three weeks ago I began Duloxetine (Cymbalta generic) 30mg x2 a day to replace Effexor 150mg x1 a day which transitioned pretty well. I noticed a bit less of a Fibro Fog and more "oomph" as my Nana would say. Don't get me wrong, I sure didn't feel like running a marathon, or even walking up the street, but I got myself out of bed most days.

Trouble is, it didn't get rid of the pain. It got rid of the raw, horrible trapezius pain that kept me from getting comfortable enough to fall asleep, but it didn't get rid of the pain that keeps me from waking up. Or the pain that keeps me from staying comfortable sitting against the couch, etc.

So, my doctor added Lyrica today, and I got the real deal. He is having me take 2 75mg tabs a day every day off the bat. I am going from (4) 600 mg tabs of Gabapentin to (3) a day for FOUR days, then (2) 600mg tabs for FOUR days more, then (1) 600mg tab for FOUR days more, then just the Lyrica.

Has anyone else made the transition?

Is anyone else on Duloxetine and Lyrica?

Thank you,
Melissa.

I never made that transition from those meds, but have had several different ones that I had to wean myself off of. I was wondering how things are now? Are you feeling better on the new medications? Let us know how changing of meds worked out for you. It sometimes takes a few weeks before things do seem to change for the better or provide no change at all or even out in some fashion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back